• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2018 11:38 am
[OP]
Feb 2, 2008
333 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto

RRSP Transfer to another bank free?

Hello, I'm looking to find a bank that has no transfer fees if I move my rrsp money from them to another institution.

Does any institution offer this?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1342 posts
592 upvotes
alee23 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 11:11 am
Hello, I'm looking to find a bank that has no transfer fees if I move my rrsp money from them to another institution.

Does any institution offer this?
If you account is large enough, the bank you are moving your account to will pay all costs
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3175 posts
1000 upvotes
Global Village
Meridian will refund up to $50 in rrsp transfer fees.
All day I dream about sports
[OP]
Feb 2, 2008
333 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for replies.. I'm looking to move money into Omers who won't take rrsp funds directly as a lump sum.. Only transferred from another institution so was hoping to park some in a bank for awhile and then switch to Omers in the new year.
[OP]
Feb 2, 2008
333 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the reply! Have an account with Tangerine so will look into that and wealthsimple some more.
Sep 10, 2015
5 posts
Sudbury, ON
Oaken Financial do not charge any transfer fees for RRSPs. Caveat is having to put it in a GIC first.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)