• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2004 7:05 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 16, 2004
490 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
gdutton wrote:I'm afraid Im going to have to say..... WHO CARES!!!!
comment noted ;)

I guess an unidentifiable bug entered your body and took a **** in your brain which result in a moment of confusion which caused you to enter this thread and posted this message. It would be a good explanation since there wouldn't be a good reason for you to post in the thread since you didn't care from the start. :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10881 posts
285 upvotes
Ottawa
hagbard wrote:I hate newbies, they don't take the time to learn the appropriate forums to post in, or they post deals thare aren't deals at all or post them as deals without saying the deal applies to the US only.

Perhaps newbies should be put on probabation for a month before being allowed to post?
What sort of probation? I don't see a need for posting limitations on them; I highly doubt they'd be more included to read the rules even if they couldn't post at first.

Even if they do post a US deal, at least they're trying to contribute. If they make a mistake, they can change their post to include the new data.
- Absolute
Sep 3, 2002
250 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
While I certainly understand that newbies will often make a few mistakes in posting, I hate it when someone informs them of their errors and they get all offended, start being rude, and the bashing begins.

If you make a mistake and someone posts a reply to let you know, just post a simple "sorry" and move on. :rolleyes: There's no need to start a flame war over it. I've seen this happen to quite a few threads in the BST forum.
You have died.
Your deeds of valor shall be remembered.
Press any key to continue.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
There's also the odd time where something is taken the wrong way, which wasn't meant to be.

Sarcasm doesn't always translate well onto the web. So every once in awhile someone will make a harmelss joke which will come off as a rude comment to someone else.

You just gotta develop a thick sking and let things go.
Mar 24, 2004
475 posts
Scarborough
oh i so agree
who cares if ppl are rude, just ignore them if they bother you
gdutton wrote:I'm afraid Im going to have to say..... WHO CARES!!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1653 posts
155 upvotes
Winnipeg
Very tame compared to other sites... well, less its full of n00bs an people taht dunno anythin bout comps..some1 I know runs a fan site..gets so many email from people thinkin hes the person..an then theres 1's "how do u sign up?" an "How do u post?" Ahaha hilarious..

Well, I dun care if person oints somethin out or sayin it in a nice way..but dam..theres some people that jump on ur back an starts clawin u...some people jus start bashin etc..an most of them dont even contribute..
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2002
4155 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
RFD has been one of the friendliest boards ive seen, and I am on quite a few forums.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1416 posts
2799 upvotes
Scarborough
Cough wrote:WTF are you talking about? There are no posts by CCdude or Coolcat in that thread. If you've got a point to make, then make it correctly...... :confused:
Dude did it occur to you that a mod may have removed those posts after someone brought them up in this thread?? I think that's a valid possibility... no need for the "WTF" just yet... :confused:
RFD Member # 3476!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
freebie wrote:Dude did it occur to you that a mod may have removed those posts after someone brought them up in this thread?? I think that's a valid possibility... no need for the "WTF" just yet... :confused:
I doubt it.

The posts he quoted aren't anything that the mods would normally delete.

And besides if someone says something offensive they just edit it out and leave a note saying a mod had edited.

Only severly offensive posts get removed entirely. And saying "boo" or "lame" doesn't fall into that category.
Mar 2, 2002
300 posts
superdsi wrote:I am new to RFD.
Someone puts a post on RFD.
It could be offering a freebee or just hooking someone else up with a good deal. Quite often the person is attacked or belittled by other contributors.
Why? I don't get it. Contribute something helpful or don't reply to the topic.
Wanker n00b..

:P

It's e-thuggery... people behind monitors say what they want, how they want.. it's all about anonymity...
Apr 19, 2003
976 posts
53 upvotes
i think this community has been great.....
there would obviously be some "bad seeds" with anything but there are just SO many other people that help fellow members in this community...
also making trades....you meet some very interesting people and put the a face to the nick!!!
just ignore those people who just wanna start sh*t....truly those people aren't worth your time...
also...welcome to RFD!!! (since you've joined fairly recently!!)
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
201 upvotes
freebie wrote:Dude did it occur to you that a mod may have removed those posts after someone brought them up in this thread?? I think that's a valid possibility... no need for the "WTF" just yet... :confused:
lol.

yeah right getting banned for saying boo or lame.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously there is a possibility that those individuals DELETED their posts THEMSELVES in order to make the newbie look foolish. ;)

who knows? :?:

as for flaming it occurs in every forum.

do not like someone?

just take advantage of the RFD ignore function.

works great!!!

the example you gave is SO MILD it is not even funny. ;)
Nov 3, 2002
956 posts
Manitoba
There are far too many people who get behind a monitor and just say whatever they want. There are also a lot of people on RFD who post solely to get a reaction, because they know people will take it too seriously.

The mods overall do a pretty good job of keeping abuse to a minimum. Unfortunately, a certain level of rudeness will have to be tolerated because it doesn't quite go into abuse.

Like in real life, though, rude people show themselves pretty quickly and get a reputation for it, and people don't take them too seriously. They're even easier to ignore here than in real life, though. :)
"There are two ways to get enough: one is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." - GK Chesterton
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1630 posts
10 upvotes
blakeatwork wrote:
It's e-thuggery... people behind monitors say what they want, how they want.. it's all about anonymity...

yea i agree. in here, nobody knows who you are so you just run your mouth. hopefully i've never done that.... *GULP*
Heatware: 40-0-0