• Jul 3rd, 2012 4:07 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 30, 2012
1 posts
WINNIPEG

Rudsak Jackets - POOR QUALITY!!

Hello fellow Canadian Smart Shoppers,

I purchased a down-filled, RUDSAK winter jacket with a fur-trimmed hood 2 seasons ago in late winter of 2010 for about $300.00 and, even though it's summer, I wanted to make sure to get the word out there before fall/winter shopping begins (and it's been on my mending pile since March and I got to the latest 3 open seams this week) - I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING RUDSAK JACKETS!! Sure, they look chic, but I've had to repair mine no less than 10 times (with less than 6 months of wear in total) - seams loosening, buttons falling off, etc... This started within the first 6 weeks of wearing it (but of course it was too late to return it by then> :( ) and I am not someone who is hard on my clothes - I take really good care of my things and have had many jackets in the past that have lasted for years without these kinds of issues.

Weary in Winnipeg
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Should have bought a CG like everybody else...
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
I agree.. I got a rudsak leather motorcycle jacket about a year or two ago. The zipper handle has already broken off... Now I have to pull the entire zipper from the inside and outside of the jacket to zip up.
Dec 20, 2010
194 posts
10 upvotes
Why don't you contact them and see what their repair policy is ? Where is the product made BTW ?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
^Most likely China.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1862 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
I was about to buy a Rudsak mesenger bag just today. only reason i did not buy it was; Zipper.
For $300 leather messenger bag, i thought it was super light weight, and could possibly show wear and tear in a year's time. :( but it looked realllly nice.

Reasons why I didn't like it,
even YKK zippers are even better than the ones they're using. (if they are YKK, then my bad! LOL)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
they're a bag making company. their main thing is bags and backpacks. this shouldnt be surprising. its like buying groceries from canadian tire. :lol:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)