Tags:
None
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2643 posts
733 upvotes
Ottawa
We don't need nostalgia. We need modern cars, rwd, fun, good driving dynamics, and a stick shift.

Quit beating a dead horse.
May 21, 2013
833 posts
377 upvotes
Montreal
I think if they released this in limited numbers no doubt they will sell out. True enthusiasts love the feel of a real car, forget about the computer gadgets ect ect. Turbo K series engine, 6 speed trans, no traction control, brembos, recaros, and a cute little cup holder and I would be all over this. The only issue I had with the previous S2000's were I found a little under powered.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
3039 posts
2516 upvotes
Markham
Not enough info to make a judgement. Although them aiming for 2900 lbs is a bad sign, so many times automakers aim for a weight projection and fail it. The FRS/BRZ aimed for 2500, got 2700 instead. Mustang aimed IIRC for 400lbs less over its predecessor and instead gained 100 lbs extra. Only Mazda has made good on that promise with the MX-5 with no projection. GM also did with the Camaro...but the previous Camaro was so bloody heavy I'd be terrible if they failed to improve on that. Its probably not a good idea to call it S2000 and give it a 2.0L turbo...everyone remembers the old S2000 for a very high revving 2.0L. Essentially giving a car an engine reminiscent of a motorcycle's engine...something turbo engines would fail to mimic or replicate. That said, Honda does need something like this. For a long time I had zero interest in Honda products because they made nothing appealing after the S2000 went away.

In an era where even sedans are going away in favour of less interesting CUVs...more sports cars of any sort are welcome.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
i wonder if this will ever happen.

i think they planned on the new CRZ being their next sporty car -- i don't think i've seen a single one on the roads.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1447 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
CRZ sucks donkey balls. Its so unattractive..like a short fat chubby girl
Nov 5, 2004
422 posts
116 upvotes
Chatham
does anyone else think Acuras look like Frieza's 3rd form?

Nov 5, 2004
422 posts
116 upvotes
Chatham
AtlsNBP wrote: Seriously, no more VTEC?
nowadays, VTEC is just a marketing term, for any variable timing honda uses. (i-VTec, SOHC VTEC, etc)

the next civic SI will be a turbo (which will probably be called VTEC too), same with this new s2000. It will have more mid-range torque, and most people will think its faster because the power comes on faster, even though it drops off towards redline.

gone are the days of DOHC (pronounced DOUGH-TSH) VTEC, where the car makes no power below 5000rpm, at which point VTec screams and car comes alive.

edit:
i feel we need an official RFD VTec appreciation thread
Mar 2, 2015
804 posts
161 upvotes
Edmonton
The best way to celebrate is making exciting cars again, especially in the Acura lineup, which looks like hot garbage (outside of Nsx). The Hondas /Acuras from late 80s to early 2000s were the best
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2013
992 posts
295 upvotes
AWD + DCT + Hard top + Not ugly like all Honda and Acura's right now + Honda Reliability + 0-60 in or under 4 seconds, I would buy it Honda.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
milolai wrote: i wonder if this will ever happen.

i think they planned on the new CRZ being their next sporty car -- i don't think i've seen a single one on the roads.
If that's the monstrosity I think it is I've only ever seen 2 on the road. Kind of surprising I've only seen 2 to be honest.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14473 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
XtremeModder wrote: If that's the monstrosity I think it is I've only ever seen 2 on the road. Kind of surprising I've only seen 2 to be honest.
Most of them (CRZ) have been driven off the road as driver fell asleep at the wheel from boredom. Hard to imagine this being much different but I guess we will see.
May 10, 2015
513 posts
84 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
honda need a new affordable sport car..