• Nov 18th, 2017 11:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1266 posts
189 upvotes

Rumour: Disney in talks to acquire 21st Century Fox

Source

X-men Deadpool, and Fantastic Four back under Marvel/Disney? Awesome.
Does that mean Jackman will come back for Wolverine if X-men crosses over with Avengers???
Baaaaaaaaa!
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7798 posts
1875 upvotes
Brampton
I don't think Jackman will come back.
One of the reasons why wanted to do Logan was to conclude his "Wolverine" saga
It's a very physically tough character for him to play as he ages. Go compare X-Men(that was 17 years ago) and in Future Past, he's ripped, but he's aging quick for a character that doesn't age that ain't make up in Logan.
Still he's done a solid Wolverine.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1266 posts
189 upvotes
tebore wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:47 pm
I don't think Jackman will come back.
One of the reasons why wanted to do Logan was to conclude his "Wolverine" saga
It's a very physically tough character for him to play as he ages. Go compare X-Men(that was 17 years ago) and in Future Past, he's ripped, but he's aging quick for a character that doesn't age that ain't make up in Logan.
Still he's done a solid Wolverine.
I wonder about Jackman because he was on record saying he would do a Avengers team up movie while promoting Logan. We'll see I guess, but I'd love to see him in a Marvel team-up movie.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 22, 2014
493 posts
108 upvotes
Regina, SK
I think Jackman still has a desire for the team up, but I think it is an opportunity with a limited window. Every day that goes by has got to be harder for him to continue liking the idea.

This deal sounds like its in the early stages. Even if Disney gets the deal done soon it will not be easy to get a big movie into production and filming that could potentially include Wolverine in a small time frame. There is also the practical aspect of do you attempt a one and done fan service Wolverine team up with Jackman in the role or do you move on to a new star that you can ink for a multi film deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1266 posts
189 upvotes
VicRav wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 3:53 pm
I think Jackman still has a desire for the team up, but I think it is an opportunity with a limited window. Every day that goes by has got to be harder for him to continue liking the idea.

This deal sounds like its in the early stages. Even if Disney gets the deal done soon it will not be easy to get a big movie into production and filming that could potentially include Wolverine in a small time frame. There is also the practical aspect of do you attempt a one and done fan service Wolverine team up with Jackman in the role or do you move on to a new star that you can ink for a multi film deal.
Good points. But the timing seems good since phase 3 is wrapping up and phase 4 is just beginning, maybe they can squeeze him in somehow.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
Too much studio power under 1 company, deal might get vetoed to prevent Disney from becoming even more of a monopoly in the industry.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1266 posts
189 upvotes
I'm going to call it now and say if the deal goes through, Jackman will return to the role for at least one more go.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1467 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
When something big like this get's leak, it means that the deal is almost done.

Exciting times as the X-Men / Mutant universe will be back with Marvel and all the reasons above!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10553 posts
575 upvotes
Scarborough
^They indicated the talks did happen but are off now. Disney would have to spend billions to get what they want. It cost them a couple billion just to buy Star Wars.
Sep 12, 2012
686 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
Kinda hope not. Fox is doing fine with the x-men movies

And Disney does not do R rated movies. So movies like Logan and Deadpool wont happen.

Maybe a deal like Sony could work. Disney can use the characters, Fox gets a cut.
Jun 5, 2017
127 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
the fox x-men movies are garbage. any marvel purist knows that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1266 posts
189 upvotes
brandonly wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:06 pm
the fox x-men movies are garbage. any marvel purist knows that.
Whoa, no way. I loved X-Men and X-Men United. The success of the first movie kick started the wave of Marvel movies we got.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17677 posts
1307 upvotes
No. Disney controlling everything is not the answer.
Gunz13 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 6:47 pm
Kinda hope not. Fox is doing fine with the x-men movies

And Disney does not do R rated movies. So movies like Logan and Deadpool wont happen.

Maybe a deal like Sony could work. Disney can use the characters, Fox gets a cut.
Exactly this. Disney use to have Miramax for R-rated content but have since wash their hands clean of anything that isn't going ultra mainstream.

Fox has finally figured out that they should let film makers make the films they want like Logan, Deadpool and the Planet of the Apes prequels. Disney would sanitize or just skip funding those projects and we'll all be losers.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed