Entertainment

Rumour: Disney in talks to acquire 21st Century Fox

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 12:09 pm
Jun 29, 2010
810 posts
176 upvotes
With all those infinity stones, Thanos is going to break the dimensional barriers between the A-verse, the X-verse and the FF-verse, throwing everyone onto the Secret Wars planet!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1329 posts
201 upvotes
Psychopathetic wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:59 am
With all those infinity stones, Thanos is going to break the dimensional barriers between the A-verse, the X-verse and the FF-verse, throwing everyone onto the Secret Wars planet!!
Maybe the stones will allow Thanoes to cross over to DCEU and wipe that out so they can get a fresh start. Fingers crossed.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 22, 2014
509 posts
112 upvotes
Regina, SK
Wow. Looks like if Disney wants something, they go and get it.

I wonder if Disney has anything else on their shopping list in the near future.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8812 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't think Disney would be interested in a bidding war with Comcast but I guess I'm wrong

Should they put the FOX intro back in front of the Star Wars movies?

Showcase is playing the old trilogies in the run up to Last Jedi and it was a little bit odd w/o the FOX fanfare
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1329 posts
201 upvotes
It makes sense for Disney to try and push this through. Now they can do every combination of crossovers and storylines possible. Avengers/F4, Avengers/X-men, everyone vs Galactus, etc. Or even an Old Man Logan story with Hulk and Hawkeye. Prepare for many more Marvel movies.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jun 5, 2017
155 posts
7 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
if disney does indeed buy fox. expect the FF and x-men in marvel phase 4.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17739 posts
1320 upvotes
brandonly wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:20 pm
It would be tricky to introduce the X-Men into the MCU. They would be basically Inhumans 2.0 and we know how the Inhumans are doing with their lackluster TV series. FF though wouldn't be an issue.

I'm with Rob Liefeld here.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/08/ ... ney-talks/
"Dear Rupert, (Hi James, Hi Lachlan)," Liefeld wrote. "It's your buddy Rob. Wait on any further talks until Deadpool 2 opens and does a billion. And X-Force! This is your Star Wars franchise and you've only scratched the surface. Everyone on the film side has kicked it into overdrive. Watch that portfolio grow! All the best, Rob Liefeld."

If Disney does acquire Fox, it would likely move the Marvel characters back over to Marvel Studios. That said, it would probably keep the R-rated movies under Fox's provision since Marvel Studios is a bit more family friendly. That would mean Fox could probably end up with Deadpool and his spinoffs anyway, as long as they were under that R-rated umbrella.

Liefeld doesn't want to risk it though, and he's certainly not alone.
I think the Marvel mutants should stay in their own universe.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16723 posts
385 upvotes
So silver surfer introduced in phase 5 and Galactus as the big bad in phase 6?
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16723 posts
385 upvotes
brandonly wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:20 pm
They could do a proper dark Phoenix then
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1329 posts
201 upvotes
Haz wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:45 am
It would be tricky to introduce the X-Men into the MCU. They would be basically Inhumans 2.0 and we know how the Inhumans are doing with their lackluster TV series. FF though wouldn't be an issue.

I'm with Rob Liefeld here.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/08/ ... ney-talks/

I think the Marvel mutants should stay in their own universe.
I think X-men would work in MCU. X-men and it's characters have way more recognition and appeal, from it's movies and tv shows/cartoons, than Inhumans ever had.
Inhumans failed because they picked Scott Buck to be the showrunner, the same guy that gave us the craptastic Iron Fist. The terrible cosplay costumes and awful trailers did nothing to generate any good hype for the show. I think they'll do better with X-men.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26925 posts
6404 upvotes
GTHA
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:57 pm
I wonder about Jackman because he was on record saying he would do a Avengers team up movie while promoting Logan. We'll see I guess, but I'd love to see him in a Marvel team-up movie.
He recently told Collider, "the ship has sailed for me"

from Hugh Jackman Shares His Reaction to the Potential Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avengers
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17739 posts
1320 upvotes
Director James Mangold on the merger saying "would be sad to me."
http://deadline.com/2017/12/logan-direc ... 202224732/

Here's a snippet.
“The real thing that happens when you make a movie rated R, behind the scenes, is that the studio has to adjust to the reality that there will be no Happy Meals. There will be no action figures,” Mangold said. “The entire merchandising, cross-pollinating side of selling the movie to children is dead before you even start. And when that’s dead, it means you’re making a grown-up movie.”

*snip*

“We’ve now so co-opted this idea that these movies are not really stories, but are merchandise entities,” Mangold said. “You can’t kill the characters because they’re worth so much effing money.”
Disney buying Fox would be a sad day.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1329 posts
201 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 10:13 pm
He recently told Collider, "the ship has sailed for me"

from Hugh Jackman Shares His Reaction to the Potential Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avengers
This is sad for me, I love Jackman.

I'm hoping Disney keeps it quiet and don't come out and confirm whether the deal is done or not. Then boom, they hit us with a cameo in Avengers post credit, a la Nick Fury in Iron Man.
Baaaaaaaaa!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

sharpshooter88