418 upvotes
Nike Clearance Store @ Dixie Outlet Mall
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3426 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you all for your suggestions! Will look at the places recommended.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1328 posts
169 upvotes
Markham, ON
So how did you go shopping yet? What did you end up buying? Have you been running? Or are you starting to run soon?
Apr 1, 2015
277 posts
82 upvotes
Oakville
howdyhoe wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 6:21 pm
Nike Clearance Store @ Dixie Outlet Mall
Easily this. I'm a bit of an avid runner... I rotate about 7 sets of clothes each week since I run every day. Those 10$ discounts you get for doing the survey on the receipt allows you to get their dry-fit line (which can retail 50$+ in sporchek/sporting life) for 15-20$. Very affordable and the quality is excellent. Dozens upon dozens of washes and they won't fray. Running room is an absolute rip off if you shop around and consider online options (thelasthunt) and outlet stores (saucony/asics/nike). I'll only buy the nutrition stuff from there

Good luck in your 1/2 marathon this Oct. Smiling Face With Open Mouth I've been running the scotia bank waterfront for the last 5 years now. Its a wonderful event
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3426 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks again everyone!

I was at Costco and they has some nice dri fit tops ranging from $13 - $17 (Puma, Reebok, Adidas).

Went to Nike Outlet at Dixie - they had some running tights for $30 on sale as well as some nice shorts. Picked a couple of each.

I've been running a lot on the treadmill - about 20-25 miles a week.

Now want to get some road running done and "official" races. Thinking of the Sporting Life 10k on May 13, the Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon and maybe a few others in between to get used to racing on the road and with others.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3426 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Any suggestions on what to use to carry phone while running outside? It's a Note 8.. So pretty big and need it to track my runs.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1328 posts
169 upvotes
Markham, ON
Maybe get a smart watch. Aside from tracking your run, do you need any other functions provided by your note 8?

I actually don't carry a phone at all when I walk, run or jog in the morning. I only carry it on longer runs in case I have to make an emergency phone call.

Edit: see, I like winter running because I can just put the phone in my jacket pocket.
Apr 29, 2007
401 posts
92 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I use my spare phone which is a small blackberry Q10 in a holster. I use a pay as you go plan just for emergencies.
I never liked the arm bands or waist packs for larger phones.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3426 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
I like to carry my phone to track my runs on Runkeeper and for music too.
May 14, 2018
19 posts
2 upvotes
I recomend search in nike outlet. Nike have the best clothes. Under Armour- good looking but poor quality. Adidas- good clothes, but when i use this clothes i feel discomfort. Nike good looking and quality but price is expensive. However you can look for in outlet shop in good price.
Banned
May 28, 2018
3 posts
3 upvotes
you can try Amazon. there are many good deals all the time