• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 4:28 am
[OP]
Oct 27, 2016
184 posts
33 upvotes

Russian Dating Scam

I have seen many men from and US are interested to Russian Women. They usually connect with them through different dating sites. Unfortunately, 95% of these dating sites are scam. Recently, one of my friends is scammed by a Russian dating site. He skyped with the girl three to four times. She was beautiful and sexy. Then the girl wants to met with him and asked for money as traveling cost. After getting the money she never showed up. I suggest everyone to avoid those dating sites.
After that I searched a lot over internet regarding how to spot a scam site. Here is an article on how to spot a dating site is a scam or not, hope you guys will find it helpful
[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 14th, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam removed
7 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1439 posts
365 upvotes
Brampton, ON
That's why I stick to local sites such as POF. Woman can take the bus to meet me.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7983 posts
2826 upvotes
Toronto
I always thought you were a female. Guess not.
flyingnurse wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 10:38 am
That's why I stick to local sites such as POF. Woman can take the bus to meet me.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1439 posts
365 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 10:48 am
I always thought you were a female. Guess not.
Yah, nursing has typically been a female dominated profession and still is but it's changing slowly.

Give it another decade and you may see 50/50!
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13745 posts
9250 upvotes
Toronto
OP - your friend doesn't sound very street smart. Warn him about the wallet inspector and the Italian suit /speaker system guys too.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7983 posts
2826 upvotes
Toronto
ALSO those guys selling laptops in the mall but actually it's just a laptop box with old magazines in it, sealed.
sprung wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 8:18 am
OP - your friend doesn't sound very street smart. Warn him about the wallet inspector and the Italian suit /speaker system guys too.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4405 posts
1906 upvotes
Mississauga
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 9:08 am
ALSO those guys selling laptops in the mall but actually it's just a laptop box with old magazines in it, sealed.
Had no idea people did that. The lengths some people go to...
Aug 15, 2017
1 posts
johnjacobs12 wrote:
May 14th, 2017 10:51 am
I have seen many men from and US are interested to Russian Women. They usually connect with them through different dating sites. Unfortunately, 95% of these dating sites are scam. Recently, one of my friends is scammed by a Russian dating site. He skyped with the girl three to four times. She was beautiful and sexy. Then the girl wants to met with him and asked for money as traveling cost. After getting the money she never showed up. I suggest everyone to avoid those dating sites.
After that I searched a lot over internet regarding how to spot a scam site. Here is an article on how to spot a dating site is a scam or not, hope you guys will find it helpful
[removed]
Happens all the time. Over and over again people raising to this bait. The way of avoiding is simple:
First! be attentive and try to understand the true intentions of the girl. For example, if SHE is the person who persuades YOU about a meeting in your sity/place. This is quite a loud bell.
Second! Always check the messages from her in google. Scammers often repeat themselves and you sure to the find same messages somewhere in the Internet.Electric Light Bulb
Third Use only sites with anti-scam protection. And you will avoid all the troubles with wasting money and time. For example, this Ukraine dating service is the one with high protection from scammers.
Hope I helped you. Wish you luckSmiling Face With Sunglasses