Food & Drink

Ruth Chris Steakhouse....is there a dress code??

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2010 12:18 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1181 posts
75 upvotes

Ruth Chris Steakhouse....is there a dress code??

Will be having dinner there, downtown location, and wondering if there is an actual dress code? I've heard/read from different sources that there is one but is not enforced and that it's actually quite lenient. I don't want to over dress and look like a goof.

Thanks
pennywize wrote:Go up to her in person and ask: Does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?
Success rate = 100%
MrBurns wrote:
Apr 18th, 2011 3:30 pm
I'd push an old lady in front of a semi to get a penny off the sidewalk.
15 replies
Feb 17, 2006
90 posts
iam_immigrant wrote:
Oct 10th, 2010 3:28 pm
Will be having dinner there, downtown location, and wondering if there is an actual dress code? I've heard/read from different sources that there is one but is not enforced and that it's actually quite lenient. I don't want to over dress and look like a goof.

Thanks

not that i know of. i've eaten there wearing jeans once, business casual clothes once, and shorts once...so guess not
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2006
3810 posts
46 upvotes
No shirt, no shoes, no dice.
You're not funny.
Dec 25, 2001
861 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
Better to be over dressed than under dressed
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1181 posts
75 upvotes
Thanks for the replies. Guess jeans with casual shoes and a sport coat it is for me.
pennywize wrote:Go up to her in person and ask: Does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?
Success rate = 100%
MrBurns wrote:
Apr 18th, 2011 3:30 pm
I'd push an old lady in front of a semi to get a penny off the sidewalk.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9721 posts
427 upvotes
that is fine, but why wouldn't you just call them directly in the first place rather than checking different sources and then soliciting more second hand sources?
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
12844 posts
571 upvotes
No not at all....

I have eaten there in business attire, business casual and jeans and a fleece.

Now, you may feel a bit out of place if you are in jeans but being one who has travelled for a decade or so, I could care less what other people think. Now that being said, I wouldn't walk in acidwash and a black/white metal shirt (ok, maybe dating myself).

Really, while they are a bit more upscale, if I would wear it to the Keg, I'd wear it to Ruth Chris'
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24558 posts
2329 upvotes
Ottawa
iam_immigrant wrote:
Oct 10th, 2010 3:28 pm

Thanks
I have been there wearing clean pants and a polo shirt.
I am curious though, exactly what is over dress so you look like a goof? I have been at places wearing a 3 piece suit and did not feel overdressed even though others had just pants and shirts on.
I think that if you are "concerned" about looking like a "goof" if you are dressed, you need to "mature" a bit and think more about yourself and less about what others think of you. :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2006
3810 posts
46 upvotes
nalababe wrote:
Oct 10th, 2010 6:16 pm

Now, you may feel a bit out of place if you are in jeans but being one who has travelled for a decade or so, I could care less what other people think.

Good for you that you've been to a lot of places, but what does being well-travelled have anything to do with this if you don't mind me asking?
You're not funny.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
12844 posts
571 upvotes
billdozer wrote:
Oct 10th, 2010 11:59 pm
Good for you that you've been to a lot of places, but what does being well-travelled have anything to do with this if you don't mind me asking?

Simple...

Too many people who are new to going out or traveling (i.e. for work) put too much worry into dress...if you have traveled for work extensively, then likely you have eaten countless times at restaurants such as this and have insight that others would not...
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17602 posts
732 upvotes
Brampton
I'd wear a baseball hat
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4194 posts
330 upvotes
Went there few years ago when I was in TO, expected it to be dressy and seem some people there in casual clothes, even wearing a hat.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
5853 posts
587 upvotes
Ruth Chris is hurting for customers. At least at the mississauga location most of the time they would be lucky if even the restaurant is 20% full.

Dont worry about it. Nobody is going to care.
× < >