• Oct 9th, 2004 11:33 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 29, 2003
280 posts
40 upvotes

Ruth's Chris Steak house deals? I guess not :(

I want to try this place out since I've heard the steak is amazing but I've also heard that the steak is $50!!!!

I know entertainment doesn't have any coupons but I was wondering whether anybody else has heard of any.
21 replies
Sep 15, 2001
202 posts
Mississauga, Ontario
My meal on Sat consisted of:
2 glasses of wine - $30 ($15 each)
1 tomato and cheese salad - $13
1 "cowboy" ribeye - $56

I didn't have room for desert but if I did, my portion of the bill would have been over $100.

If you find some coupons, please share, I want to go back there again.

On a side note, is it normal for steakhouses to charge the side orders like veggies and potatos a-la-carte? The potatoes and veggies were $8 each!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1849 posts
155 upvotes
Central Ontario
Chemical2001 wrote:On a side note, is it normal for steakhouses to charge the side orders like veggies and potatos a-la-carte? The potatoes and veggies were $8 each!
When you're at Ruth's Chris it is...

I've been to high-end restaurants in the US that do the same as well.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Ruth Chris by far has the best steaks in Toronto. I can't stand steak. I hate them all!! The Keg, Outback, Bifteque (sp?) etc. They're all crap and I can't even take one bit of them. However Ruth Chris I would pay $50 just for the stake and no sides. Worth every penny.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1688 posts
13 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:Ruth Chris by far has the best steaks in Toronto. I can't stand steak. I hate them all!! The Keg, Outback, Bifteque (sp?) etc. They're all crap and I can't even take one bit of them. However Ruth Chris I would pay $50 just for the stake and no sides. Worth every penny.
Agreed, this place has the best steak i've ever had. Usually get the porterhouse... that stuff is damn good.
Heatware: 40-0-0
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4725 posts
629 upvotes
Calgary
Steak fans - if you get to Calgary go to Hy's or Caesar's - 100 times better than Ruths Chris (which is good)

And yes, all these places charge extras for alacarte veggies
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24255 posts
1512 upvotes
Markham, ON
Hy's is not as good in toronto....Ruth's is better.

However, my gf's fillet mignon didnt have enough marbling and therefore became a little dry and tough after 5-7mins.

Stick with the NY Sirloin ;)
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1229 upvotes
Sauga
Wazzup wrote:I find Ruth to be very salty!!!
This discussion is about her steaks, though...
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4927 posts
2034 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Rehan wrote:This discussion is about her steaks, though...

ZINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2003
2031 posts
45 upvotes
MMMMMMmmmmm... wonderful place. I went to the one on University.

The only 'value' steakhouse I've found worth a trip is Canyon Creek Chophouse.
Apr 5, 2003
346 posts
14 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:Ruth Chris by far has the best steaks in Toronto. I can't stand steak. I hate them all!! The Keg, Outback, Bifteque (sp?) etc. They're all crap and I can't even take one bit of them. However Ruth Chris I would pay $50 just for the stake and no sides. Worth every penny.

All those restauraunts you named include sides, and cost less then half of one Ruth's Chris steak.

It's not exactly a fair comparison :confused:
hokay soh :D
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2002
1614 posts
Vancouver
Cough wrote:Steak fans - if you get to Calgary go to Hy's or Caesar's - 100 times better than Ruths Chris (which is good)

And yes, all these places charge extras for alacarte veggies
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but Caesars (If its the same one in Vancouver) Can't hold a candle to Ruth's Chris. No comparison. Its a glorified Keg

The best steakhouse in North America is the Metropolitin Bar & grill in Seattle, Bar none.

http://www.elliottsoysterhouse.com/metg ... grill.html