• Oct 9th, 2004 11:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23925 posts
1289 upvotes
Markham, ON
Qube wrote:MMMMMMmmmmm... wonderful place. I went to the one on University.

The only 'value' steakhouse I've found worth a trip is Canyon Creek Chophouse.
Yes value but quality is not the same at Ruth's.

Also it is salty cause the steak gets drenched in butter fat
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
You're not really going to find any deals at Ruth Chris. Two years ago Humble and Fred on Mojoradio used to give out $100 gift cards to Ruth Chris and I got one. That's the only reason why I went there to be honest because I had the card. It still ended up costing me an additional $60 or so on top of the card.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
[OP]
Nov 29, 2003
263 posts
30 upvotes
Ok, so the reason that Ruth's is so expensive is:

a) the quality/certification level of meat they use and
b) the technique used (broiling at a million degrees for 1 minute)

So then anybody know of any of the places that do the ulta high temp. broiling that they do? A friend of mine mentioned a place on Lakeshore in Port Credit-Mississauga that he thought did that.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
One place that is really really popular for steaks is House of Chan. The food apparently is just awesome. I hear many people talking about it and yeah it's super expensive. I've seen many US TV shows like on The View and Oprah where they say it's arguably the best food you can ever have at any establishment.

Has anyone else ate at House of Chan before? It's located in Toronto at Bathurst and Eglinton. My dad and my cousin have eaten there before and said the food is fantastic.

http://www.houseofchan.ca
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Apr 30, 2003
10 posts
Toronto
How's Ruth's Chris steak compare to JW's? I haven't been to Ruth's but heard that it's really really good. I've been to JW's and their steak is just amazing....so wanna know how's ruth's chris comparing to JW's.

and agree with what is said b4, Outback, Keg, Biftheque is jsut crap.
For that price range i'd rather go to Tulip, thier steak is much much much better. Their Filet Mignon Blue Rare is amazing
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14371 posts
123 upvotes
Mississauga
Best steak I've ever eaten was at La Castile in East Mississauga, on Dundas near 427
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14371 posts
123 upvotes
Mississauga
Whats the steakhouse that supposed to be really goood in Toronto near the King Edward Hotel?
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."