Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1158 posts
39 upvotes
Jeffers wrote:
May 12th, 2010 10:37 pm
I've never been to Harbour Sixty or Barberians, but the wagyu at Jacobs & Co is incredible. My favourite restaurant in the city...
To each their own. I was disappointed with Jacobs and Co. Went for my bday last year and ordered four or five variations (among everyone in our party) of cuts. None were that great.

I like Barbarians. Never been to Harbour Sixty. There are some great forums/threads about hunting for good steaks in Toronto if you google it.

I can see how people would like Jacobs and Co... for me, I prefer the value I get out of RC over paying more at Jacobs and Co. Not to say that Jacob's steak is worse (it's actually better), just not a great deal for the price premium. Barbarians is better.
Sep 12, 2006
295 posts
30 upvotes
Time to use the gift cards for sure. I hope this promotion lasts for a few weeks.
Dec 9, 2006
272 posts
8 upvotes
went to ruth's for the first time last month, heard nothing but good reviews. ordered the ribeye. but unfortuneatly, it was one of the worst piece of steak i've had. the kitchen seemed to run out of salt as the meat was completely flavorless and the fat was not stiff as heck, hardly melted in my mouth. biggest waste of 75 dollars. if i hadn't gotten a couple of the gift cards, i'd prob never go back again.
Mar 27, 2010
13 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto/Mississauga
Omg, I would have complained!!

I went there last month as well, but ordered the halibut. It was very good, and I enjoyed the green beans. My boyfriend enjoyed his steak too, but he said he prefers his steak cooked on a grill.

The Spring Classics menu (I believe that's what it's called) has been around for a while and is definitely worth it. Appetizer, main course, side and dessert! It's just too bad they don't give you options for dessert.
Dec 28, 2005
703 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
Went on Saturday night. I think it was a great deal when combining the Spring Classics menu and the gift card deal. Perfect for anyone wanting to try the restaurant!
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4546 posts
1350 upvotes
A Place to Stand
kazudon wrote:
May 18th, 2010 10:36 pm
went to ruth's for the first time last month, heard nothing but good reviews. ordered the ribeye. but unfortuneatly, it was one of the worst piece of steak i've had. the kitchen seemed to run out of salt as the meat was completely flavorless and the fat was not stiff as heck, hardly melted in my mouth. biggest waste of 75 dollars. if i hadn't gotten a couple of the gift cards, i'd prob never go back again.
I had the excat same experience there with a ribeye. Just terrible.

My experience from another Ruth's Chris thread ... Bought $500 bucks worth last time, and regretted it. This place is wayyyy overhyped. I actually had the worst steak I have ever had there one night. I mean worse than a diner fast-fry breakfast steak. An overcooked, greasy mess of a ribeye. How people would pay the regular price here is beyond me. Even at this discount its a stretch. I actually still have a few giftcards unused, as I just can't bring myself to go back. The most memorable thing about the place was that I had good wine there (oh, and the sweet potato casserole is good too). But I think you would be MUCH better off buying a nice cut of meat from a butcher and grilling it yourself.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1373 posts
661 upvotes
North York
Very surprised to see ppl aren't happy with Ruth's steak.

For $45, the spring menu is really worth it in my opinion. I used to go way before the discounted gift cards came out. I still love it. We go every 2 months.
Jun 29, 2009
10 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Do you guys know if they offer any substitutions for items on this menu for Toronto such as sides and desserts? I know in States you can...
Jun 9, 2005
7155 posts
282 upvotes
Scarborough
kpyuen2000 wrote:
May 19th, 2010 5:41 pm
Do you guys know if they offer any substitutions for items on this menu for Toronto such as sides and desserts? I know in States you can...
Their menu specifically says no substitution.
Nov 4, 2007
883 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
ive never been to ruth's, but won a $100 giftcard awhile back, so I wanna go sometime soon. Is it a stretch trying to feed 3 adults with it? does a meal usually run about $50 per person? assuming just a meal, no wine/beer.

also is there free parking anywhere near there? or cheap parking at least
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4678 posts
1113 upvotes
North York
Price is listed right on their website.
http://www.ruthschris.ca/show_info.php? ... location=1

I guess you can all eat salmon or chicken breast and pay $10 extra to cover tax and tips.

skyrink wrote:
May 19th, 2010 6:09 pm
ive never been to ruth's, but won a $100 giftcard awhile back, so I wanna go sometime soon. Is it a stretch trying to feed 3 adults with it? does a meal usually run about $50 per person? assuming just a meal, no wine/beer.

also is there free parking anywhere near there? or cheap parking at least