• Oct 23rd, 2018 1:47 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5189 posts
817 upvotes

Ryan's toy reviews

Every parent's worse nightmare, Ryan's toy reviews, makes $1,000,000/month. Are you willing to exploit your child that kind of money?

On a good note, you can FINALLY sign into youtube kids and block this channel and the numerous other channels with SEO-generated garbage. One channel has Tayo the little bus playing with shit.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/22/1403 ... r-millions

In other news, shit is now an acceptable word on RFD.
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, START

There are no apostrophes in plurals! "I have 1000 posts" = correct. "I have 1000 post's" = incorrect!
Could've, would've, should've. It's simple English, people!
Voila: French, meaning "There it is!" or "Look!" Viola: A medium-sized stringed instrument Wala: An island of Vanuatu.
22 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16472 posts
2135 upvotes
With the amount of toys I spend on my child, I should have started a channel to recuperate the cost! My kid cuter than too. Ha :D

You know who has a better gig - the Surprise Egg lady on YouTube.
Sep 9, 2008
691 posts
213 upvotes
Langley
Why is it every parents worst nightmare? yes, my kid goes to the store and knows every single toy before I even see it... Is it bad because theyre making money off of it? It's harmless... My kid loves it, not just for the toys, but he knows the twin sisters, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3735 posts
234 upvotes
I knew he was making big bucks, but $1M/month? Unreal!

I don't mind my son watching Ryan open toys, but the mom is super annoying. It's been a few months now since we last watched one, but she started the character "princess pea", trying to make it (even more so) about herself. Sigh.

Good for them, though. Sincerely hope 50%+ is going into a trust for the kid.
Proud member of SENS Army
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5189 posts
817 upvotes
Ikarasu wrote:
Dec 30th, 2016 3:34 am
Why is it every parents worst nightmare? yes, my kid goes to the store and knows every single toy before I even see it... Is it bad because theyre making money off of it? It's harmless... My kid loves it, not just for the toys, but he knows the twin sisters, etc.
Yes, it's every parent's nightmare, just like everything posted in the Hot Deals forums is a burning hot deal. It's just a bit of hyperbole... Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I hate to say it but it seems like Ryan's mom is actually doing the proper thing by avoiding making videos and conflicting with him being a kid. The stories of messed up child stars are due to parents making them work and taking their childhood away from them. His mom tells how she avoids conflicting with playschool and only films when he wants to do so.
mself084 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 1:13 pm
I knew he was making big bucks, but $1M/month? Unreal!

I don't mind my son watching Ryan open toys, but the mom is super annoying. It's been a few months now since we last watched one, but she started the character "princess pea", trying to make it (even more so) about herself. Sigh.

Good for them, though. Sincerely hope 50%+ is going into a trust for the kid.
I thought it was "Princess T"? I think that's a relative of Ryan since his dad is a dark-skinned Filipino and I'm fairly sure Ryan's mom is Caucasian.

There are no apostrophes in plurals! "I have 1000 posts" = correct. "I have 1000 post's" = incorrect!
Voila: French, meaning "There it is!" or "Look!" Viola: A medium-sized stringed instrument Wala: An island of Vanuatu.
Sep 9, 2008
691 posts
213 upvotes
Langley
Princess T is his aunt. His mom is also asian, not caucasian.
You can see her here, on their new channel.. ryans family review. I guess making a million a month wasn't enough, so they started a family review also... ;p

They seem to care about their kids though. And all / most of the toys they buy / get sponsored to them, gets donated to charity, so I see no harm in it. We'll see if ryan appreciates his internet fame once he enters high school though. But who knows... The kids with him should be the ones who grew up watching him, so might be ok!

I do find them annoying though. But the videos are geared towards kids , so of course adults find it annoying. Most childhood stars do turn out to be bad... but thats because they spend so much time making movies / promoting them, they don't goto school.. or drop out, or hang with the wrong crowds. I dont think an online Vlog is the same... but hey, it's a new thing, so we wont know until they grow up. but I suspect once he's past his "Cute money making" years, we wont ever hear about him again... unless he takes up acting! (But if you watch the videos, you cringe at his staged lines"!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3735 posts
234 upvotes
Good to know, I thought Princess T was his mom. Either way, annoying AF. :)
Proud member of SENS Army
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5189 posts
817 upvotes
Ikarasu wrote:
Jan 6th, 2017 5:40 am

I do find them annoying though. But the videos are geared towards kids , so of course adults find it annoying. Most childhood stars do turn out to be bad... but thats because they spend so much time making movies / promoting them, they don't goto school.. or drop out, or hang with the wrong crowds. I dont think an online Vlog is the same... but hey, it's a new thing, so we wont know until they grow up. but I suspect once he's past his "Cute money making" years, we wont ever hear about him again... unless he takes up acting! (But if you watch the videos, you cringe at his staged lines"!
I think the lifespan of a "Youtuber" is around 3 years. Trends come and go and so have many of the so called personalities. Especially when you have well-known idiots making a scene on a plane as their youtube shtick. There's so much material out there that it's hard to keep viewers interested for the long term.

You seem to have watched more of the videos than I have. I cringe every time I hear "Hey Ryan!" and run away...
mself084 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2017 12:50 pm
Good to know, I thought Princess T was his mom. Either way, annoying AF. :)
Princess T didn't seem to have too much of her own personality and seemed like part of an entourage than helping with Ryan doing anything. She tried hard on the Disney Cruise video but doesn't seem that interesting. She has quite ample assets, though... ;) ;)

Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6726 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto
My son is all about the Blippi and to a lesser extent Tayo and Pororo
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
24347 posts
2293 upvotes
Hamilton
My 2 nieces... Watch this shit all day lol
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Sep 19, 2017
1 posts
rf134a wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 12:45 pm
Yes, it's every parent's nightmare, just like everything posted in the Hot Deals forums is a burning hot deal. It's just a bit of hyperbole... Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I hate to say it but it seems like Ryan's mom is actually doing the proper thing by avoiding making videos and conflicting with him being a kid. The stories of messed up child stars are due to parents making them work and taking their childhood away from them. His mom tells how she avoids conflicting with playschool and only films when he wants to do so.

I thought it was "Princess T"? I think that's a relative of Ryan since his dad is a dark-skinned Filipino and I'm fairly sure Ryan's mom is Caucasian.
Ryan's dad isn't filipino he's Japanese. Ryan has no filipino in him. His mom is from Vietnam and dad is Japanese. I think a lot of people are just jealous. I like the family.
Feb 17, 2013
57 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
Ding ding ding.

OP is just jealous he/she is not making a million/ month.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5189 posts
817 upvotes
Yawn. It looks like Ryan's PR team is bumping this thread because his views are going down. LOL Face With Tears Of Joy

My kiddo has moved onto something called a Family Fun pack, whatever that is. And some girl named May from Australia. Youtube fame comes and goes in a jiffy.

Aug 22, 2018
1 posts
I agree with a lot of comments, I think Ryan became popular because the kids like seeing themselves playing as Ryan does and it validates the stories kids' make-up during play. Ryan's innocence comes out and his joy too which we enjoy when we watch our kids. Now, I'm not gonna criticize Ryan for being a kid and playing...lol However, I agree the ratings may have possibly gone down because even though I am driving and I hear my son watching, Ryan's Toys Review, I cringe when I hear his mom or aunt talking. Personally, kids watch Ryan to watch Ryan. The lady on there along with an older man seems to be overtaking the reason for why everyone started watching the show in the first place. And my son turns it back to older videos (he is only 4) where it's just Ryan again. Lol
Dec 27, 2005
526 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
my son used to watch it quite a bit but once i noticed Ryan throwing things down the stairs and making a mess, i made sure he stopped it it was nothing more than learning bad behavior to me.

I Rather make kids watch cartoons then kids running around doing nothing