RYERSON: Chang School courses

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2012 12:41 pm
Aug 8, 2011
6 posts
NORTH YORK

RYERSON: Chang School courses

Hi guys,

I'm currently in Ryerson's j-school (undergrad) and I'm trying to free up some space in my schedule so I can have a day off during the week to deal with my job and course load. One of my friends suggested taking one of my upper liberals through the Chang School. I'm currently enrolled in the course I'd like to take (SOC 633), but it's through Ryerson; there's still availability in the same course through Chang. Now, I notice that I get charged about $600 give or take to take the course through Chang.

My question is -- is the Chang school more expensive than day classes (if so, where can I find the breakdown of each course)? Does my credit from this course show up on my transcript automatically or is there some process I have to go through to take it? And, I guess in general, how are the Chang classes if you've taken them?

Cheers.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2968 posts
685 upvotes
EricaL wrote: Hi guys,

I'm currently in Ryerson's j-school (undergrad) and I'm trying to free up some space in my schedule so I can have a day off during the week to deal with my job and course load. One of my friends suggested taking one of my upper liberals through the Chang School. I'm currently enrolled in the course I'd like to take (SOC 633), but it's through Ryerson; there's still availability in the same course through Chang. Now, I notice that I get charged about $600 give or take to take the course through Chang.

My question is -- is the Chang school more expensive than day classes (if so, where can I find the breakdown of each course)? Does my credit from this course show up on my transcript automatically or is there some process I have to go through to take it? And, I guess in general, how are the Chang classes if you've taken them?

Cheers.
- A bit more expensive ($50-100 more afaik)
- Shows up automatically on your transcript
- Mostly the same it depends on your prof