The RYERSON UNIVERSITY thread

Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10250 posts
1066 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
icemasta wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 8:40 pm
Anyone have any tips for ACC 521 (Auditing) exam?

I've got that and CECN 506 tomorrow back to back so I'm reading the modules right now and then need to finish up 521 studying.
Professors? I had Deklerk.
ravnation wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:24 pm
I dont post on rfd but this just has to get out. If you guys have the answers for the final exams ie you have the TB, for the love of everything holy DONT WALK OUT AFTER 10 MINUTES! You wont believe the amount of idiots that have raised the suspicion of profs by doing this. Its one of the reasons TB exams are being phased out.

-Rant over
Good. It's time the professors actually make up their own questions and don't just sit there on their butts doing nothing. Only exception I'll give is if it's their first time teaching the course, such as Eric Kam and ECN 506, or if it's a new course. However, I think he makes the questions himself... He's giving us a real, high quality education. We need less of these people anyways. Solutions manuals, I believe, should be given out so we know how to do the homework properly and see where we went wrong. I don't do the homework I'm assigned because I have no clue if I'm doing it right or not... You can't learn from notes for many things, like accounting and finance.
Mar 30, 2011
397 posts
52 upvotes
North York
Is taking BUS800 third year recommended? I was thinking of taking it but I want to know other ppl's opinions. Also what about Brynn winegard for it? Any comments?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1086 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
jessicarodriguezcamejo wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 1:39 pm
my acc414 teacher mentioned that there will be 6 questions, 1 being 20 mcq. She mentioned to know financial statements,how to calculate depreciation, come up with a balance in an account, there will be some discussion questions, like you may be given a situation and you have to discuss what to do. The exam is approximetly 130-135marks. That's as much as I got. I believe that Fire loss question will be there. I believe that the mcq are 2 marks each. Correct me if I'm wrong then you can sort of figure out what everything else is worth if you have an idea of what will be on the exam. Good luck.
what chapter and what page is that
May 10, 2011
196 posts
21 upvotes
ravnation wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:24 pm
I dont post on rfd but this just has to get out. If you guys have the answers for the final exams ie you have the TB, for the love of everything holy DONT WALK OUT AFTER 10 MINUTES! You wont believe the amount of idiots that have raised the suspicion of profs by doing this. Its one of the reasons TB exams are being phased out.

-Rant over
I know that feel, it happen in one of my classes and I'm little worry about the exam otherwise time to hit the books hard. Even on facebook a lot of people are asking around for the banks when last I remember some student almost got expelled for a fb group helping with 10% hmk.

However, I'm pretty that all profs are aware of the transfers of testbank, the question is will they use it for all their test.

As for ACC521 with kenny, good luck, still struggling to figure out how much of materality I need for the exam X_X
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10250 posts
1066 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ptsk8 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 10:35 pm
I know that feel, it happen in one of my classes and I'm little worry about the exam otherwise time to hit the books hard. Even on facebook a lot of people are asking around for the banks when last I remember some student almost got expelled for a fb group helping with 10% hmk.

However, I'm pretty that all profs are aware of the transfers of testbank, the question is will they use it for all their test.

As for ACC521 with kenny, good luck, still struggling to figure out how much of materality I need for the exam X_X
What...? I've never seen people asking for test bank on FB... Selling is a different story though.
Nov 17, 2011
4 posts
NORTH YORK
To be honest a lot of the profs are oblivious to fact that students have them. And a lot know about this but let it slide, especially if there part time profs looking to teach again.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1214 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
ravnation wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 11:45 pm
To be honest a lot of the profs are oblivious to fact that students have them. And a lot know about this but let it slide, especially if there part time profs looking to teach again.
This.

I've had 2 professors say that they know students use it but could care less.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1214 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
ptsk8 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 6:04 pm
I hear GG things for Michael Inglis

Now as for 514 you have a choice to suit your needs.
Overall Gwen is the best choice,she knows her students, easy to follow in class, fair test, and you should be able to remember a few things for upcoming test.

Keith Whalen, use recycled midterms, a lot of talking, fair to lenient marker, like to talk a lot, but fact of the matter is still self teaching class.

Any ACC 521 tips with Caplan??
Thanks a lot.

I just want to pass 514 so I have to see which one to choose. I'll probably choose the one who bell curves more and is more willing to pass a student, even if they fail the final.

Also, my friend just took 521 with Caplan. He said that he's horrible. Marks the test extremely hard and focuses too much on the handbook. He got like a 50 on the marks he got so far.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1214 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
zeppelinhead19 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 6:06 pm
Really truly the fact of the matter is all his questions are straight from the testbank
Does he bellcurve?
Nov 5, 2011
174 posts
21 upvotes
BRAMPTON
neverless wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 10:05 pm
Is taking BUS800 third year recommended? I was thinking of taking it but I want to know other ppl's opinions. Also what about Brynn winegard for it? Any comments?
I'm not sure about taking it in third year but I currently have Brynn Winegard and highly recommend her! She is very nice and approachable, and is not that hard of a marker. You can tell she's very passionate about the topic and also explains that content very well. It's recommended that you participate in her classes as she'll know you by name. She thoroughly explains what she's looking for in the projects and occassionally gives hints if one is confused. You still have to work hard to get your mark but she's a much easier marker compared to most other profs.

Highly recommended!
Selling textbooks for MHR640, CMN315 and CMN279
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2009
2293 posts
262 upvotes
Tronno
RAMSS won't let me enroll in CACC414 even though it can be direct entry ?
Dec 8, 2010
302 posts
15 upvotes
Hyphy wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 3:56 pm
RAMSS won't let me enroll in CACC414 even though it can be direct entry ?
Can't enroll in any courses until late December.
Mar 30, 2011
397 posts
52 upvotes
North York
jgaspar89 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 4:10 pm
Can't enroll in any courses until late December.
You can enroll in Chang classes right now.
× < >