Students

The RYERSON UNIVERSITY thread

Aug 22, 2013
40 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
Has anyone taken ITM350? Was thinking of taking it online over the summer. No idea who the prof is, but I'm guessing it might either be Prescod or Bharat Shah.
Jul 6, 2011
17 posts
NORTH YORK
I have to say as someone who has studied at University of Toronto, I often find myself really shocked as to how bad the facilities are at Ryerson. Some of the washrooms are just so old and run down. I really hope they use some of the profits they're generating to actually improve the infrastructure.

Also the lighting is so sketchy on parts of the campus at night. It's no surprise when I keep getting emails about assaults on campus.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4656 posts
6075 upvotes
Toronto
Hero88 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2016 12:55 pm
I have to say as someone who has studied at University of Toronto, I often find myself really shocked as to how bad the facilities are at Ryerson. Some of the washrooms are just so old and run down. I really hope they use some of the profits they're generating to actually improve the infrastructure.

Also the lighting is so sketchy on parts of the campus at night. It's no surprise when I keep getting emails about assaults on campus.
You must not have studied on the St. George campus. Whenever I visit there I'm mortified by the crumbling conditions of the buildings, and it ain't so bright at night once you leave the major streets surrounding it.

And I'm glad to get all the emails about assaults, at least they care enough to tell us. U of T might not have the same transparency policies.
Feb 23, 2011
13 posts
1 upvote
JPV5 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2016 5:17 pm
Hello everyone. I am taking REM400 with David Nickerson and I am completely lost in his class. I read on ratemyprofessor that you should not bother reading the textbook since the entire exam is based on the 6 problem set (non-graded) assignments that he uploaded to Blackboard/D2L. However, he only provides the answers and does not explain how he got them. Furthermore, he mentioned that the textbook does not teach the methods for solving these problem sets and that we need to "think" and figure it out on our own.

I have the midterm coming up in one week and a half and I really do not know where to start for studying. I would really appreciate any advice from someone who took this course with him. Should I bother even reading the text?

If no one is offering any advice for free, I am willing to pay $10-20 just for notes and guidance on how to study for the exams.
And if anyone wants to go above and beyond to tutor me I'm willing to pay up to $100 :)

I'm really freaking out on how to study for this course as I am graduating this April and cannot afford to drop this course.

Thanks in advance!

I'm on the same boat. By far THE worst prof I've ever had. I haven't learned a single thing in class.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4656 posts
6075 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone ever renewed a book at the library before? I searched their site and it says I can renew a book "3", which I assume means 3 times, but it never says how long a renewal is for. Is it 2 weeks? Thank you!
Dec 28, 2009
711 posts
87 upvotes
MilkFlowX wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 3:33 pm
Has anyone taken ITM350? Was thinking of taking it online over the summer. No idea who the prof is, but I'm guessing it might either be Prescod or Bharat Shah.
ITM350 content wise is definitely one of those courses that can easily be covered in an online format. In-class lecture wise, if it's Prescod, he will just read of the slides and won't care if you fall asleep. If it's Bharat shah, then it will be more engaging and you'll be asked to present in front of the class a few times at least.
Aug 22, 2013
40 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
omega11 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2016 12:12 am
ITM350 content wise is definitely one of those courses that can easily be covered in an online format. In-class lecture wise, if it's Prescod, he will just read of the slides and won't care if you fall asleep. If it's Bharat shah, then it will be more engaging and you'll be asked to present in front of the class a few times at least.
Thanks a lot omega11, I will definitely take it online.
Sep 19, 2013
715 posts
313 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone take GMS723 International Trade with Manjuris? My group is having trouble finding a company willing to work with us on the export project. We must have contacted at least like 30 companies now, majority of them don't respond and the ones that do say they're not interested. Any suggestions on companies that worked for you?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
2926 posts
298 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nfsryder wrote:
Feb 28th, 2016 10:05 pm
Anyone take GMS723 International Trade with Manjuris? My group is having trouble finding a company willing to work with us on the export project. We must have contacted at least like 30 companies now, majority of them don't respond and the ones that do say they're not interested. Any suggestions on companies that worked for you?
Seems like the course has changed. When I took that course 2 years ago, we were given a specific good to export to a specific location and we were required to contact companies/authorities for info. Our group got uranium, and was required to transport to South Korea. This course was a big pain in the ass because Manjuris is a great big a-hole.

I would drop the course, but that's too late for you.
Sep 19, 2013
715 posts
313 upvotes
Richmond Hill
1337rice wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2016 8:06 pm
Seems like the course has changed. When I took that course 2 years ago, we were given a specific good to export to a specific location and we were required to contact companies/authorities for info. Our group got uranium, and was required to transport to South Korea. This course was a big pain in the ass because Manjuris is a great big a-hole.

I would drop the course, but that's too late for you.
I can drop it but that would be pointless because it's a mandatory course for me and Manjuris is the only prof that teaches it
Mar 4, 2016
1 posts
This is going to be a weird request, but do any of you know where to go if you want to ask someone to complete work for you? I am taking SOC885 and struggling cause of my course load and work and I didnt do so well on the midterm.. but I am in my last term and graduating. So I am trying to find someone who could do my essay for me, and potentially the final exam (its online).

Any help??
Nov 30, 2016
69 posts
29 upvotes
Canada
I applied to business management and accounting. I got accepted to both, but replaced accounting with btm, just because accounting required me to retake advance function to get a 75 (I got a 70). I am going in with a 92 average, and i was just wondering, what can I do with business management... Which ones have to highest chance for coop? I think accounting is interesting (I have a 96 right now, but WHY DO I NEED A 75 IN ADVANCE FUNCTIONS) I have no idea what btm is, just needed to fill it up.

Just wondering will I be with a bunch of idiots in bm, and what kind of mark do I need for coop? And is there coop if I wanna major in entrepreneurship? I heard ryerson has a pretty good entrepreneur program
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4656 posts
6075 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys, I saw a poster in TRSM about a restaurant that is now open there five days a week from 11-8. Does anyone have details on this or know where online it discusses it?
Jul 6, 2011
17 posts
NORTH YORK
Anyone taken the first year economics courses at Ryerson? How difficult are they?
Wondering if to them in class or online at another university.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)