Students

The RYERSON UNIVERSITY thread

Sep 26, 2012
824 posts
83 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Took 4561 at york this winter and because i dont have my grades i cant apply to take 4562. Kind of stupid, i might give them a call to see if they can accept me, dont really want to go back in the fall for one course
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11225 posts
1475 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Oh boy. Professor Melissa Toffanin wrote a "how to survive FIN 401" on the TRSM blog. She held 4 review sessions for students. Easily one of the best finance professors.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
1835 posts
609 upvotes
Mississauga
MilkFlowX wrote:
Mar 27th, 2016 5:42 pm
Has anyone taken or is currently taking GEO605 with David Atkinson? The term test is coming up in a week, is there any idea of what to expect? He hasn't even brought it up yet and there isn't a textbook for the class.. Would class notes suffice?
Dang just saw this now. How'd you do on the test?
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Aug 22, 2013
40 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
yo2boy wrote:
Apr 11th, 2016 10:43 pm
Dang just saw this now. How'd you do on the test?
I found it pretty straightforward, the multiple choice questions were pretty much identical to his online quizzes and the short answer and map questions were straightforward too. How did you find it?
Oct 4, 2012
35 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
AnthonyLy wrote:
Mar 8th, 2016 2:17 pm
I applied to business management and accounting. I got accepted to both, but replaced accounting with btm, just because accounting required me to retake advance function to get a 75 (I got a 70). I am going in with a 92 average, and i was just wondering, what can I do with business management... Which ones have to highest chance for coop? I think accounting is interesting (I have a 96 right now, but WHY DO I NEED A 75 IN ADVANCE FUNCTIONS) I have no idea what btm is, just needed to fill it up.

Just wondering will I be with a bunch of idiots in bm, and what kind of mark do I need for coop? And is there coop if I wanna major in entrepreneurship? I heard ryerson has a pretty good entrepreneur program
/not sure what idiots you are talking about since accounting and finance only recently split from BM and are a separate program now. I think accounting is completely different from BM. Do you want to be an accountant or work in finance and banking? If you are not yet sure I think you should research the jobs and talk with a few industry professionals, I know its not easy but if you look around you might find someone willing to spend some time with you. Take a look at this book by TRSM it might help http://ryerson.ca/trsmcareers/resources/index.html For Co-op I know theres not a lot of majors that have co-op yet so Marketing for example is not ready because I wanted to go into it so you need to call and make sure the major you want has co-op. I would stay away from entreprenuership because I took two courses and they are designed for students who have a skill they can monetize, mostly computer and software but other engineering skills or cooking even for restaurant owners. Since I'm in business and I haven't acquired any useful technical skills that I can apply in a startup or company then entrepreneurship isn't very helpful. Maybe if I gain experience in a field and I want to open up my own business these courses may come handy but these are very easy and simple courses that can be learned on the fly, compared to for example accounting, engineering or medicine courses.
May 2, 2012
113 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Any 2015 TRSM grads out there? Just wondering what y'all are up to.. I graduated with an Accounting major / Finance minor last year.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
1835 posts
609 upvotes
Mississauga
MilkFlowX wrote:
Apr 12th, 2016 12:09 am
I found it pretty straightforward, the multiple choice questions were pretty much identical to his online quizzes and the short answer and map questions were straightforward too. How did you find it?
Yeah I think I did pretty well. Not as hard as I was expecting it to be. I just hope he marks our northern career report in a lenient manner.
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Sep 19, 2013
721 posts
326 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hero88 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2016 3:39 pm
Anyone taken the first year economics courses at Ryerson? How difficult are they?
Wondering if to them in class or online at another university.
Basically a repeat of high school economics so it's pretty straightforward. I think I ended with a B in both courses with absolutely zero effort, never went to lectures and didn't bother getting the textbook.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1791 posts
553 upvotes
feels weird to finally be done..

congrats to everyone who just graduated!
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1791 posts
553 upvotes
spamgirl wrote:
Mar 24th, 2016 1:45 pm
Hey guys, I saw a poster in TRSM about a restaurant that is now open there five days a week from 11-8. Does anyone have details on this or know where online it discusses it?
First floor, when you walk up from the escalator and turn right towards the main "lobby" area, take the first left after that little info desk and go down the hallway towards the back washrooms. Turn right and go down the back hallway of classes and it should be on your right side, backing onto that open terrace area in the middle of TRSM.

Much better option than anything else around, decent prices. I just go for a patty and cocoa bread lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1791 posts
553 upvotes
Anyone need grad convocation tickets for thursday 16th 9am finance grad in theatre?
Dec 22, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
Has anyone taken ECN104 with German Pupato? Also who is the best prof for ECN104?
Aug 3, 2016
1 posts
Hi,
I am planning to go to Ryerson Uni for Fashion Communication. What are some tips to get into this program ? any insight on this program in general?. I'd love to know :). Thanks !
Penalty Box
Mar 8, 2016
325 posts
48 upvotes
EliseRyersonFashionComm wrote:
Aug 4th, 2016 6:17 pm
Hi,
I am planning to go to Ryerson Uni for Fashion Communication. What are some tips to get into this program ? any insight on this program in general?. I'd love to know :). Thanks !
frequent queen st west a lot where all the hippies are
Sep 26, 2012
824 posts
83 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Last edited by dan668 on Aug 13th, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)