Students

The RYERSON UNIVERSITY thread

Dec 22, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
Has anyone taken ECN104 with German Pupato? Also who is the best prof for ECN104?
Aug 3, 2016
1 posts
Hi,
I am planning to go to Ryerson Uni for Fashion Communication. What are some tips to get into this program ? any insight on this program in general?. I'd love to know :). Thanks !
Penalty Box
Mar 8, 2016
325 posts
48 upvotes
EliseRyersonFashionComm wrote:
Aug 4th, 2016 6:17 pm
Hi,
I am planning to go to Ryerson Uni for Fashion Communication. What are some tips to get into this program ? any insight on this program in general?. I'd love to know :). Thanks !
frequent queen st west a lot where all the hippies are
Sep 26, 2012
813 posts
83 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Last edited by dan668 on Aug 13th, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 26, 2011
138 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know when 4th year enrollment appointment ends? I know it started today, but I don't know if it ends today or tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
2883 posts
267 upvotes
1337rice wrote:
Feb 8th, 2016 1:11 am
unigirl2015 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2016 1:36 pm
Hey I've applied to ryerson but I've heard quite a few things about the school. Some say that it's a horrible place. Some say that it's just a joke and that I'll never find a job if I go. Others say that employers will look down on me and would much rather prefer Waterloo or Queens graduates for Commerce!

I've already applied and I didn't mind Ryerson until I heard/read all these negative threads. It's actually so scary, I'm just trying to get into a good university and find a good job but the general view seems to be particularly against Ryerson! Is any of what ive heard true? Or just complete bull*****?
I guarantee you that employers really don't give a ***** about which university you came from nor how prestigious their program is.

First off, if you have the grades to get into Waterloo or Queens, then chances are...you're most likely aiming for co-op programs. If you do land on one, you've become miles ahead of pretty much anyone who hasn't been employed at all or have any true work experiences in a "professional environment".

Secondly, if you expect to have a job handed to you right after graduation with zero work experience. Have fun looking for a job in the next 6-12 months. This doesn't even have anything to do with Ryerson, you can be from U of T or any high-tier university graduated with honours and can be stuck without a job.

It really just depends on how you utilize your time. If you want a decent paying job after graduation, get good grades and start applying for internship positions. It really has nothing to do with where you graduated out of.
Even with internships or co-op...getting a job for example at a Big 4 or high finance (s&t, IB, ER, etc) is MUCH more difficult for a Ryerson grad.

In my group at Big 4 advisory, we hire mostly Waterloo, UofT (including UTSC), Schulich, and Western grads (mostly Ivey). I know one guy who is exceptional tha is a Ryerson grad. Another is a mac grad. They are not the norm. Youre making finding a good job much harder by going to Ryerson over more prestigious universities.
Apr 21, 2011
17 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
Anyone know where to find old course outlines? Trying to find one for ACC 521.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1248 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how we can print our timetables that also would have our name/student number on it? I want to go to Sherbourne and get my TTC ID but can't seem to print my schedule that shows all the information that I need.
Oct 15, 2011
251 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
johanscott wrote:
Aug 24th, 2016 9:39 pm
Anyone know how we can print our timetables that also would have our name/student number on it? I want to go to Sherbourne and get my TTC ID but can't seem to print my schedule that shows all the information that I need.
I literally log into RAMSS in front of them and then pull up my schedule. Never had a problem before
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1248 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
supernovav wrote:
Aug 26th, 2016 1:25 am
johanscott wrote:
Aug 24th, 2016 9:39 pm
I literally log into RAMSS in front of them and then pull up my schedule. Never had a problem before
I don't think I get a good signal though. I guess I can use the WIFI but could be slow.
Apr 9, 2006
505 posts
3 upvotes
North York
Anyone know when we get our course outlines for fall? I'm still seeing my spring/summer courses listed.
Sep 20, 2016
2 posts
I'm rtw from mechanical engineering because I couldn't clear my probation. Now I have to wait for a year before I can start going to classes again. I'm thinking if I want to apply to some other university based on my Highschool, do I still need to clear my probation at ryerson or will I be considered a fresh student at next university?
Sep 2, 2015
53 posts
8 upvotes
East York, ON
tmoun2 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2016 9:39 am
I'm rtw from mechanical engineering because I couldn't clear my probation. Now I have to wait for a year before I can start going to classes again. I'm thinking if I want to apply to some other university based on my Highschool, do I still need to clear my probation at ryerson or will I be considered a fresh student at next university?
You can apply as a new student but they will want transcripts from your old university, see that you're on probation, etc. Might not be a big deal depending on which program you're going into but it's till gonna be a stumbling block. If you don't have a track record that you overcame whatever academic issues you have they're probably not thrilled on taking you on.
Aug 22, 2013
40 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
Can anyone who's taken ITM360 shed some light on the course? The prof is Howard Lichtman.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)