Students

The RYERSON UNIVERSITY thread

Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4620 posts
6038 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know when tuition is due this term? My daughter is waiting on her OSAP to show up in her account, but doesn't want to incur fees if it's going to be late :/ thanks!

Edited to add: Google first, ask on RFD second *sigh*
Tuition fees for the Winter 2017 academic term are due January 13, 2017. Late fees of 1.25% (16.08% effective annual rate) will be charged monthly, starting in February, on unpaid Winter 2017 undergraduate tuition fees as of January 14, 2017.
http://www.ryerson.ca/registrar/fees/
Feb 13, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Hey guys, I have an 80 average do you think I'll get accepted into Business Management? Or is too low?
Jun 30, 2013
508 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Nord31 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 4:23 pm
Hey guys, I have an 80 average do you think I'll get accepted into Business Management? Or is too low?
80 average top six? You'll be fine
May 29, 2008
247 posts
77 upvotes
Has anyone gone through not taking courses for 6 terms and your student status changed? I had 1 course left and started working past two years and full time now, and I received an email I am no longer Ryerson student.
It says I have to apply for re-admission... jeez
No prior warning or anything. Just dropped the bomb on my email saying it's already done =x
Feb 26, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Hey,

Any BTM students willing to share their experience with courses from the professional table? Good prof/course combos? So far I have done ITM 200 and was thinking about doing 350 online...
Aug 22, 2013
40 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
bulibuli wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 8:24 am
Hey,

Any BTM students willing to share their experience with courses from the professional table? Good prof/course combos? So far I have done ITM 200 and was thinking about doing 350 online...
I took 350 last summer online with Bharat Shah, it was a pretty straightforward class. There are two group assignments: the first one deals with analyzing trends in the e-business industry, and the second was analyzing e-business websites and a group case study. The final exam was all M/C and done in class.
Mar 13, 2017
1 posts
hello guys, i am currently a part-time student in part-time Business MGT program - major in GMS, I was told that GMS400 is only offered in day section, since I work full time during the day, do you guys know from previous experience if they will ever offer in evening section or Saturday? thanks in advance
Jun 8, 2016
7 posts
hey!

To current and past students who studied ITM:
- was it difficult to land a job after graduating?
-how hard is BTM coming from someone with no knowledge in computer related skills?
-Are credits transferable if i graduted from ryerson last year?

Thanks
May 20, 2010
136 posts
14 upvotes
glow123123 wrote:
May 24th, 2017 12:40 am
hey!

To current and past students who studied ITM:
- was it difficult to land a job after graduating?
-how hard is BTM coming from someone with no knowledge in computer related skills?

Thanks
Was it difficult to land a job after graduating?

It is difficult if you do not attempt to get relevant experience while in school.

For BTM students, your employment prospects depend largely on your current and past employment experience (through summer placements, co-op placements and volunteering). It is a degree program where application of classroom theories is essential to get your foot in the door; you cannot graduate without work and reasonably expect to remain competitive in the applicant pool. This means you must either get into co-op, work in relevant positions during your summer, or volunteer with student groups that allow you to apply classroom concepts like project management and system implementation.

This is an anecdotal observation that I'm sure can easily be validated through statistical analysis. The value in the BTM program is its access to a strong network of functional and technical work opportunities and employers.

Not difficult at all. You do not need to have any computer related skills other to enter the BTM program. Your first two years will give you an opportunity to learn the fundamentals for both functional (business oriented) and technical (systems oriented) roles.

I'm not sure. You would have to contact the registrar for those details.
Apr 21, 2009
845 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
We had a group project for a course which was due on the day of the final exam, marks just got posted today and I got a 0 for it. I emailed my professor why, and they said it was because I did it alone, instead of with a group.

I'm going to try and appeal it as it is not fair. By doing the project alone it shows I know my stuff. ._.

I'm a co-op student so I never went to class all summer as I'm working. But I aced all my exams. This project would bump my grade from a 3.67 to a 4.0

My project should get at least a 80%.
Jan 8, 2011
5 posts
Brampton
Ryerson Students studying Accounting or Finance should check out theschoolbook.org. It seems like a good website to go to for course reviews and information.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)