Students

The RYERSON UNIVERSITY thread

Jun 8, 2016
7 posts
hey!

To current and past students who studied ITM:
- was it difficult to land a job after graduating?
-how hard is BTM coming from someone with no knowledge in computer related skills?
-Are credits transferable if i graduted from ryerson last year?

Thanks
May 20, 2010
136 posts
14 upvotes
glow123123 wrote:
May 24th, 2017 12:40 am
hey!

To current and past students who studied ITM:
- was it difficult to land a job after graduating?
-how hard is BTM coming from someone with no knowledge in computer related skills?

Thanks
Was it difficult to land a job after graduating?

It is difficult if you do not attempt to get relevant experience while in school.

For BTM students, your employment prospects depend largely on your current and past employment experience (through summer placements, co-op placements and volunteering). It is a degree program where application of classroom theories is essential to get your foot in the door; you cannot graduate without work and reasonably expect to remain competitive in the applicant pool. This means you must either get into co-op, work in relevant positions during your summer, or volunteer with student groups that allow you to apply classroom concepts like project management and system implementation.

This is an anecdotal observation that I'm sure can easily be validated through statistical analysis. The value in the BTM program is its access to a strong network of functional and technical work opportunities and employers.

Not difficult at all. You do not need to have any computer related skills other to enter the BTM program. Your first two years will give you an opportunity to learn the fundamentals for both functional (business oriented) and technical (systems oriented) roles.

I'm not sure. You would have to contact the registrar for those details.