Students

The RYERSON UNIVERSITY thread

Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1975 posts
88 upvotes
Right, professional judgement will save your ass when an auditor comes about and looks for properly journalized transaction, or when your audit risk level's higher than expected and you accept the audit anyways, and -oh look- they go bankrupt.

And if students can't understand the concepts, what are the professors' office hours for? What makes you think answers and test banks will lend them a hand when they're frantically studying an hour before the final? And again this goes back to academic misconduct. You never answered: you DO realize it's against the university's policy, right?
Banned
Feb 24, 2010
139 posts
18 upvotes
North America
I understand that you value rules and the status quo, but even if I wasn't doing what I'm doing hundreds of people on the internet are and students would still be buying from them. Like I said I'm just doing it to make additional money. It's similar to getting mp3 music on a peer-to-peer network but people aren't up in arms over that because everyone is now so desensitized that it is a norm. As for academic misconduct, I'm fully aware of such rules.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
2290 posts
772 upvotes
Toronto
Don't we all just love Mexicans and their creative way of running a 'business'? :lol:
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ca2pro1 wrote: I understand that you value rules and the status quo, but even if I wasn't doing what I'm doing hundreds of people on the internet are and students would still be buying from them. Like I said I'm just doing it to make additional money. It's similar to getting mp3 music on a peer-to-peer network but people aren't up in arms over that because everyone is now so desensitized that it is a norm. As for academic misconduct, I'm fully aware of such rules.

So if people are breaking into stores and stealing, it's all right for you to join in on the loot? Cops aren't here yet so might as well right? :facepalm:

Maybe it's time I take a screenshot and show this to Ryerson. Academic misconduct ftw.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Dec 28, 2009
774 posts
260 upvotes
Any advice for ECN204 final exam with Amy Peng? Like in general if you had her, were her final similar to the midterm in difficulty? No test-bank offers please.
Banned
Feb 24, 2010
139 posts
18 upvotes
North America
I think you are taking this conversation to a personal level now with your antics. I have no intention to argue with you. Nor should my actions affect your learning as you are still able to learn and gain all the experiences you want in post-secondary education. I think you are blowing it out of proportion now. I'm done with your discussion lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1975 posts
88 upvotes
ca2pro1 wrote: I understand that you value rules and the status quo, but even if I wasn't doing what I'm doing hundreds of people on the internet are and students would still be buying from them. Like I said I'm just doing it to make additional money. It's similar to getting mp3 music on a peer-to-peer network but people aren't up in arms over that because everyone is now so desensitized that it is a norm. As for academic misconduct, I'm fully aware of such rules.
FYI P2P music downloading is legal in Canada. And sure, people are up in arms over it: the artists and recording studios, mainly.

If you want additional money, why not see if your accounting firm's willing to hire you a little early, so you can earn that $100k salary sooner, with the red Lambo and the Alienware laptop and the hot secretary.

Otherwise, I'll take a page out of the NIMBY handbook for now. If you want the extra money, use the BST forums. That's what BST is for. Post it there. The Student forum is for students, not textbook selling, not homework, just chatting students. BST is for anything and everything, from buying, to selling, to trading. So post it there. If students are anxious enough to get those manuals, they'll search Google. RFD threads show up on Google. Why not centralize all of your efforts and have just one thread instead of spamming this one with your immoral ********?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2010
1755 posts
258 upvotes
Ontario
omega11 wrote: Any advice for ECN204 final exam with Amy Peng? Like in general if you had her, were her final similar to the midterm in difficulty? No test-bank offers please.
I had her last year. It was quite similar to the midterm from what I remember- mostly calculations, some theory but it was harder in comparison. The later chapters are harder than the midterm chapters. More theory was involved and it was relatively trickier (Something about government policy). I think 80% was on post-midterm stuff and the rest from the earlier chapters. Don't take my word for it, I don't really remember much. Read the slides or book (whatever you pick, her slides are sufficient) and redo the Lyryx labs and Blackboard quizzes. Try to reattempt the midterm too, but don't let that take majority of your studying. I saw a couple of recycled questions from it.
Nov 13, 2010
717 posts
38 upvotes
ca2pro1 wrote: Has anyone else heard of new generation smart phones that will have some sort of credit card chip in them that will allow you pay for items?

its called near field communications - NFC for short.

its nothing new...Nexus S has a chip in it already... iPhone 5 will likely have it as well...

Japan has been using NFC for years lol.
Banned
Feb 24, 2010
139 posts
18 upvotes
North America
I wonder how much more a cell phone would end up costing once telecommunication companies start to implement this technology in full force.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
~SauFung wrote: I had her last year. It was quite similar to the midterm from what I remember- mostly calculations, some theory but it was harder in comparison. The later chapters are harder than the midterm chapters. More theory was involved and it was relatively trickier (Something about government policy). I think 80% was on post-midterm stuff and the rest from the earlier chapters. Don't take my word for it, I don't really remember much. Read the slides or book (whatever you pick, her slides are sufficient) and redo the Lyryx labs and Blackboard quizzes. Try to reattempt the midterm too, but don't let that take majority of your studying. I saw a couple of recycled questions from it.

I actually find her slides to be real confusing. But I guess that's because I haven't kept up in the course at all...
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Aug 10, 2010
402 posts
95 upvotes
Guelph
Has anyone been to Shapiro's 504 last class on Mon or Tue ? did he say something helpful about the exam or any kind of info that relates to it ?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4253 posts
1078 upvotes
ca2pro1 wrote: Has anyone else heard of new generation smart phones that will have some sort of credit card chip in them that will allow you pay for items?

Are you trying to find a new POS system that will allow students to pay for test banks using their phones? :lol:

but in all seriousness, theres a similar type of technology used in the U.S. where businesses attach a add-on to their iphone that will allow people to swipe their card and it'll register through the phone. I forget what it's called but I'll have to dig up the article to find out who produces it.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2009
3137 posts
466 upvotes
fawking pissed at ryerson right now. out of 8 professors this year only 2 spoke fluent english.
gotta decipher all varieties of accents while i attempt to understand the material :facepalm:
Mar 29, 2011
825 posts
68 upvotes
Hyphy wrote: fawking pissed at ryerson right now. out of 8 professors this year only 2 spoke fluent english.
gotta decipher all varieties of accents while i attempt to understand the material :facepalm:

I think thats the nature of whatever program your in... All of my professors this year were white canadians who spoke english great, and like 8 out of 10 I would consider great profs. This is the end of my first year and I have yet to have a prof I would consider "bad".
May 20, 2009
46 posts
1 upvote
If anyone is in ACC522, please try and answer these Q's for the exam :D

1) Do we have to read the chapter 12 supplement in the book, or is it everything before the supplement.
2) We will get all the credit amounts and we just have to know the default 15%, how about federal and provincial tax brackets? I memorized the %'s but what about the $ brackets like 0-40,000$ = 5.05% provincial?

3) Did she hint at anything for the final?

Appreciate any tips.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1148 posts
492 upvotes
wow is the FIN701 exam really all short answer and essay type questions?
2006 - Pepsi/Frito Lay Win Every Hour Contest - 1279 Entries - Loser!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2187 upvotes
Toronto
Hey just a quick question guys...I wanna purchase a Dell notebook thru. the Dell-Ryerson student store and does anybody know if I can apply additional online coupon for the purchase?

Thanks!
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Jul 22, 2009
355 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
blarg wrote: wow is the FIN701 exam really all short answer and essay type questions?

ya the prof found out about the tb, and changed it...its gonna be ****ed up...17 chaps all short answers...i mean i never did an exam in my life where it was all short answers without any hints of types of questions :(

im doomed
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2010
1029 posts
139 upvotes
Scottie Piffen wrote: ya the prof found out about the tb, and changed it...its gonna be ****ed up...17 chaps all short answers...i mean i never did an exam in my life where it was all short answers without any hints of types of questions :(

im doomed

name of prof?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)