Ryerson Waitlisted :( What to do next?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2012 3:14 pm
[OP]
Jan 12, 2011
3 posts
Toronto

Ryerson Waitlisted :( What to do next?

I got waitlisted today for Medical Physics at Ryerson with an 80% average on my top 6. I applied as a mature student for Biology as well but that application is still pending review. I'm currently enrolled in a chemistry lab and physics course at Chang for spring/summer term.

So depressed. :( Anyone else waitlisted or have any input on my chances of getting in?
7 replies
Mar 29, 2011
825 posts
68 upvotes
Wow, how things have changed. My friend got into the medical physics program in fall 2006 with a 70% top 6.

I got waitlisted too, for another program though. I was on the waitlist all summer and I never got in. I went back to adult school, redid some courses and upped my top 6, and got in the next year. It made me pretty depressed as well, but sometimes you just gotta pull your socks up and try harder for next year.

But, it sounds like with your creds, you'll get in. Maybe they are waiting for you to finish your chang courses, see how you do, before giving you a full exceptance. My advice is just to keep waiting, and don't slack in your chang courses because you're feeling bad, because those are probably your best bet for getting in.
May 4, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
I recently switched to Medical Physics, its becoming a popular program because of quality of research and faculty. If you get accepted into Biology (which you probably weill since they accept the most people) you may transfer programs from bio to medical physics if you want February of next year (Chemistry, bio, math, contemporary science, undeclared and Physics majors all do a common first year), that way they make it easier for you to transfer. Admittedly, my average was bit lower than yours (78) and I got into Bio and Chem. it might have to do with the fact that a lot of people applied to ryerson for the 2012-2013 year.

Another reason I switched was that it seems to have alot more opportunities than the other programs.
[OP]
Jan 12, 2011
3 posts
Toronto
Thank you both for responding. Your posts made me feel much better.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and work my butt off in these Chang courses for the summer. I'm mostly worried I might have to spend another year in "limbo". I did, however, speak to a couple of other people and they seem to think that getting put on a waiting list this early is better than having an application still under review but I'm not too convinced. lol

I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks again!
[OP]
Jan 12, 2011
3 posts
Toronto
Update: I got into Biology with a conditional offer. I need to get a 2.0 in my Chang courses which seems more than likely. :) Still hoping I get into physics though as I've completed most of the first year courses for undeclared science. We'll see what happens but thanks again for your input!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34716 posts
1573 upvotes
Toronto
Ryerson has wait list? :-0

I'm glad to see the school has gotten more competetive!
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Jun 16, 2012
17 posts
London
I was wait listed for Ryerson's Medical Physics program in the summer of 2007. After I called the school to get an update on my status in mid August they told me the program was full. I immediately applied for Contemporary Science and within days I got accepted. After first year I switched into Medical Physics without any problems since the first year courses for Chemistry, Biology, Medical Physics, and Contemporary Science were all the same. At the time they told us that as long as your GPA is alright there shouldn't be any problems switching.
× < >