Ryse Reviews

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2013 10:36 am
Tags:
Banned
Jul 29, 2013
3588 posts
192 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote: I was never really interested in this game. It seems like a graphics demo more than a fully-fledged game.
Riiight....lets get a game that runs in 900p to show what our console is graphically capable of?

Wouldn't Forza be a better candidate for that purpose. It's actually 1080p.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
SuperDuperFox wrote: Killer Instinct is actually getting somewhat decent reviews.
I played KI (tried out Jago, SabreWulf, Glacius and the new character Sadira) and it's actually not bad. I haven't played the old KI games in ages, but it seems to have the same feel to it, complete with annoying announcer and ridiculous combo chains.

I feel like it's not as strategic as the other fighting games out there, but it's fun as a button masher. Thankfully the Xbox One controller isn't absolutely horrible for fighting games now, but they did mention that Mad Catz was making a fightstick for it.

My only problem is that the game is basically being launched in phases... Old fighting games at least had like a minimum 10 combatants, but IIRC, this one will have 6 at launch... and no story mode at launch either! WTF is that?!
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
just like the xbox 360, 95% of launch games will soon be sitting in the bargain bins once the big dogs come out in 2014, and they're just hoping people are stupid and desperate enough for something to play on their new consoles. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote: just like the xbox 360, 95% of launch games will soon be sitting in the bargain bins once the big dogs come out in 2014, and they're just hoping people are stupid and desperate enough for something to play on their new consoles. :lol:
It shouldn't be a huge deal for most RFDers though... we all (hopefully) got our games via E3 deals, and trading them back in gives us a net loss of around $5 per game... not bad for a 1 1/2 month game rental...
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
agreed, but I feel for the suckers paying $59.99 plus tax for this crap, just because they're desperate for something to play on their new systems.
Oct 13, 2001
482 posts
32 upvotes
Watch the Giant Bomb quick look
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-l ... 2300-8245/

They were playing for almost 40 minutes and it was the same thing over and over and over and over

I was bored 10 minutes in ... kept watching to see if something would change and it was just the same canned executions nonstop. There also seems to only be 5 different character models that you fight.

This game appears to be beyond lame ... pretty, but lame
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote: agreed, but I feel for the suckers paying $59.99 plus tax for this crap, just because they're desperate for something to play on their new systems.
Yup, this is the first time I've actually bought a system at launch, but I'm glad I got everything else at a reduced rate. Even the PS4 was partially paid for using credit from tradeins.

I hope people weren't expecting anything mind-blowing either. Kinda glad Watch Dogs was delayed, and I hope they're optimizing it better for new gen consoles
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
SuperDuperFox wrote: Not sure how Spicy got it for $40 (!), but even if you paid 60, trade it in, at least you can say you paid only $20 for it.
weird logic there, and if I was dumb enough to pay $60+tx for this crap, I would be walking back to the store with my sealed copy for a full refund. why open garbage just to lose $26-$28 bucks (depending on province)? remember, the $40 trade in is actually only $35 in real value.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
JackWhyte wrote: weird logic there, and if I was dumb enough to pay $60+tx for this crap, I would be walking back to the store with my sealed copy for a full refund. why open garbage just to lose $26-$28 bucks (depending on province)? remember, the $40 trade in is actually only $35 in real value.
20$ is nothing for a game, even a crappy one.

If I take my wife to a movie and it could be ***** , only occupies us for a couple hours and costs 25$
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
There are better games to get on the Xbone IMO but to each his own.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Redmask wrote: There are better games to get on the Xbone IMO but to each his own.
Says the guy defending Knack :P
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Says the guy defending Knack :P
He did say "to each his own" though.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Says the guy defending Knack :P
I just said its the kind of game that doesn't review well and people should make up their own mind. I wasn't "defending" anything, I don't even own it personally as I think there are much better games on the PS4 :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
Got Ryse last night, retruning after my E3 promo ships, played a while, it and its not too bad once you get he hangof it, better than the demo I tried @ FanExpo.
Wish it had a co op mode.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+