Shopping Discussion

S.W.I.M. wants the very controversial spherical magnets...

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2015 8:54 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 17, 2015
10 posts
3 upvotes
Rural area, QC

S.W.I.M. wants the very controversial spherical magnets...

Someone who isn't me is having the shadow of a potential desire to trade digital numbers for those very controversial spherical magnets that have been deemed as dangerous to human life of all ages as firearms or nuclear bombs. This person asked a person to ask me to ask on a forum what would be a reliable website to potentially make this shadow of a potential desire reality.

(I'm looking for buckyballs, what's a reliable website to buy them?)
10 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
MAN!
I had mine posted here for a long time with not takers. Ended up just tossing them in the move...
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
514 upvotes
GVR
I believe DX.com and a bunch of other Chinese websites sell them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
China will sell you anything regardless of legality.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
death_hawk wrote: China will sell you anything regardless of legality.
lol
Jul 17, 2015
10 posts
3 upvotes
Rural area, QC
UnCeo wrote: I believe DX.com and a bunch of other Chinese websites sell them.
I already have a set of 5mm neocube spheres. Kids in the family visited 2 days straight and ended up losing one. Then they came back yesterday and lost 7 of them. Ugh.

When I looked on DX yesterday, I searched them under the name "neocube" and the only thing I found were 3mm balls or 5mm balls with colored coating which ends up coming off. It didn't occur to me to search for "buckyballs" even though I used this term in this thread. Derp. I was probably too tired from being with the kids.

The kids aren't going to touch my balls ever again, especially now that I know the reason why they were banned in several countries.

Amusingly... my mom and the kids were playing with my balls the other day (*snort*). And while they were putting them on their earlobes as fake earrings, she is the one who had the not so brilliant idea of trying one on as a fake piercing in her lip. I told her not to do that because she could accidentally swallow one. While I find the ban on the sale of buckyballs to people of all ages to be stupid, part of me can't help thinking that some people might be too stupid at any age to play with them. Kind of like lasers.
Chingyul wrote: MAN!
I had mine posted here for a long time with not takers. Ended up just tossing them in the move...
Gah, that's a shame!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Deruvi wrote: The kids aren't going to touch my balls ever again, especially now that I know the reason why they were banned in several countries.
I'd say that's probably most countries.
Also you're on a list now. Me too for quoting you.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
514 upvotes
GVR
death_hawk wrote: China will sell you anything regardless of legality.
Are they actually illegal to import?
I was under the impression you just can't sell them here.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
UnCeo wrote: Are they actually illegal to import?
I was under the impression you just can't sell them here.
I'm not sure TBH. It'd be strange to disallow sales here but allow imports.
Jun 14, 2012
412 posts
36 upvotes
I thought they were legal? i think lee valley tools sells them in toronto( scarborough, morningside/sheppard)