Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 12, 2012
605 posts
28 upvotes
Barrie

S3 Tutorials?

I just switched from a iPhone 4S to Samsung Galaxy S3 because I left rogers for Wind thanks to their newly expanded service area :) I'm used to and LOVE the iOS but I love paying 50% less for more data and unlimited everything. So I purchased the s3 but I have NO CLUE how to use it, and it's really confusing! Any websites I can use for tutorials etc? I want to love this phone but I'm getting frustrated. TIA
Live long & drop dead
16 replies
Aug 9, 2009
61 posts
13 upvotes
Text messages: click on the button with the 9 squares, and scroll till you find messages.
Background: long press anywhere on the home screen, click wallpaper
[OP]
Aug 12, 2012
605 posts
28 upvotes
Barrie
Correct wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 9:15 pm
Text messages: click on the button with the 9 squares, and scroll till you find messages.
Background: long press anywhere on the home screen, click wallpaper
That seems to change just the wallpaper. I'm trying to change the background color from black to white. I have played around in Settings and it doesn't appear to be something I can choose :(
Live long & drop dead
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1457 posts
274 upvotes
TORONTO
Just keep playing with the settings and you'll get use to. Touchwiz isn't exactly user friendly at all, should have gone with the nexus 4 or galaxy nexus. Its so simple and pure.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15925 posts
355 upvotes
I'm confused as well. How do I change my notification settings? Eg, putting airplane mode etc
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15925 posts
355 upvotes
How do I add someone's birthday in the calendar? Yearly and repetition:100?

It was so much simpler when I was using iOS.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3772 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
Just keep playing with it... eventually the pieces will come together. I agree android has a higher learning curve due to the insane amount of settings.
Jan 31, 2004
361 posts
87 upvotes
In android, birthdays for your contacts can be added to your contact's profile. Edit your contact and add the field for "Events." Then choose birthday and enter in the date. The bday should automatically show up your calendar.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9449 posts
883 upvotes
all the op needs to know is how to get into the app drawer, once he/she discovers that the rest is just making an icon in the home screens and utilizing widgets
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15925 posts
355 upvotes
asd913 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:22 am
In android, birthdays for your contacts can be added to your contact's profile. Edit your contact and add the field for "Events." Then choose birthday and enter in the date. The bday should automatically show up your calendar.
What if I don't want to link with my contacts?
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9449 posts
883 upvotes
goto the calendar app and add it as an event ...

change repeat to yearly ...
dragon_drift wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 1:38 am
How do I add someone's birthday in the calendar? Yearly and repetition:100?

It was so much simpler when I was using iOS.
dragon_drift wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 12:00 pm
What if I don't want to link with my contacts?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
× < >