Shopping Discussion

Sabbashop, anybody ever bought from these guys before on eBay?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2014 5:11 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
418 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto

Sabbashop, anybody ever bought from these guys before on eBay?

I'm buying some markers from them, and want to know if anybody has dealt with them before. They say they opened the box to 'inspect it', which sounds ludicrous to me, especially when they've said it is NEW. So, should I trust them? I don't want to pay shipping only to find missing markers/half empty markers. And not to mention I did a quick search on RFD and someone had a horrendous past with them, where he got a broken printer and no refund...
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2010
5200 posts
162 upvotes
How are their feedbacks?
ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4033 posts
304 upvotes
I had good experiences with them. Bought a hair curler, and a laptop.

It's your job to inspect your stuff on site before you take it home. :O Isn't there also a period of time where you can return for a full refund?
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
418 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
apparently the guy got a refund from sabbashop but they didnt pay for his shipping, which is understandable i guess. he tried to get a full refund from paypal but that didnt work. lol the funny part of the story is he gave sabbashop a negative feedback but they're like, oh we wont refund you unless you take down that feedback. lolwtf?

they have like a 99.5% positive feedback. they got like 50k good ones and maybe 250 bad ones (not the correct numbers, but it's something like that). the negative feedbacks kinda puts me off, and though there's few of them, and though you're bound to have bad apples in such a large tree, the things people have complained about makes me cringe.

well anyway, i lost the final bid. lol. i sniped at 5seconds left and someone came back at like 1-2 seconds before it ended... and at a bid much higher than me. lol. oh well, not that bummed about it. though it was a good deal, it wasn't out of the world. it did go over my initial 'threshold amount' (i.e. the final price im willing to pay, which was 200 and it ended up being 270). well that said, it being sold in toronto makes it a killer deal for me, since i dont need to wait or possibly pay duty. sigh. on the other hand... the guy charges a PICKUP CHARGE, LIKE WTF? and requires me to pay tax. so, yeah not bummed at all! hmph!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4033 posts
304 upvotes
lol. I got my hair curler for 50 cents. $5 pick-up charge at the time, IIRC. It was still a bargain.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2003
4935 posts
95 upvotes
Bought lots of stuff at Sabbashop a long time ago. Then more people discovered them and the bidding just got ridiculous. They're not too far from me so I always picked up stuff.
This space for rent.
Banned
Jan 4, 2009
2765 posts
199 upvotes
One look at their ebay store and you can tell that they resell used or damaged goods. Unless it's a real bargain or if I don't mind buying something used, I wouldn't buy from them.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
418 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
yeah... what's the deal with people rebranding used things as 'new'. isnt it illegal to mislead consumers by giving false information? i might as well start selling used textbooks as 'new' since they're 'like new' anyway.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43354 posts
3061 upvotes
Toronto
LaserEnvy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 2:11 am
One look at their ebay store and you can tell that they resell used or damaged goods. Unless it's a real bargain or if I don't mind buying something used, I wouldn't buy from them.
Yeah looks pretty ghetto with so many random stuff, lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2012
3338 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
For investigative purposes, not for shopping.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4033 posts
304 upvotes
FYI I bought that $1100 laptop for $600 from Sabbashop. They said it was manufacturer refurbished and there were no obvious signs of use (e.g. scratches on the aluminum, etc.) My mom liked it so much I gave it to her because I couldn't stand the viewing angles compared to my older, heavier tablet laptop (which has an IPS screen.) She has had no problems with using it.
Jan 13, 2008
303 posts
76 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I bought a used Panasonic cordless phone from them and picked up in store for a $5 fee. The item was as advertised.
Anyways, the markers have a shelf life - I wouldn't be surprised if they are dry.
Aug 4, 2013
26 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
They are fine. Bought on eBay. Paid the $5 Pick up charge. Used them once because Toronto eBayers have been overbidding. No problem with the auction. I would use them again and keep looking at their auctions.
× < >