Shopping Discussion

Sabbashop, anybody ever bought from these guys before on eBay?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2017 4:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36357 posts
2370 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds familiar... Do they have a pickup warehouse in concord, just north of York U?
I remember buying stuff from a ebay shop like this... Everything seemed like a closeout/liquidation, or refurbished... but it was super cheap! As a poor 1st year student I remember buying things from there and flipping them on RFD.
Jan 25, 2007
922 posts
57 upvotes
Can you just go there and buy stuff? Or do you have to bid on Ebay? They had a Poetic Slimline Case that I'd like... and I plan to be in the area today. Like to just go buy it.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4579 posts
604 upvotes
dvdguy wrote:
May 11th, 2014 8:30 am
Can you just go there and buy stuff? Or do you have to bid on Ebay? They had a Poetic Slimline Case that I'd like... and I plan to be in the area today. Like to just go buy it.
Donno...you can try to call them.

They have a walk-in area where you can buy things but I believe if they've already listed it on eBay they want it to be auctioned, and then pick-up fee paid.
Oct 8, 2009
1 posts
Be careful what you buy from SabbaShop - they sell seconds, fire sale goods, liquidations etc. I was looking for a particular set of Sennheiser Wireless Headphones -By far the best deal was an outfit in Quebec called Needlestore (on Amazon.ca and Eba.ca), but I needed something located in Toronto where I could do a local pick up. I basically for a 350$ set of headphones for 258$.

The description said 'Open Box' - I should have checked the 'sealed' product when I was at the store (pretty Ghetto - random broken cheap stuff)... When I got them home one of the ear cups was cleanly snapped off and dangling by the wires. I couldn't even charge them up for the sake of it due to the imbalanced weight distribution on the cradle.

They were very polite and refunded my Paypal immediately ....but a colossal waste of time - 30 Kilometres each way - and if anyone knows what Toronto Traffic in the summer is like....

I suggest for something like this - don't get raped by the prices at the Source, Future Shop or BestBuy or certainly Bay Bloor Radio - but find a real online dealer like the N********** on Ebay in Granby Quebec - who will honour a warranty. (no affiliation)
Dec 26, 2008
338 posts
60 upvotes
I was at Sabbashop today.

There was an announcement...they are soon opening their own website www.sabbashop.com. The best thing is that if you register for their site you get 5.00 off your next purchase. Further, there is no 5.00 pickup handling fee.

They also have some good deals in store. Pop Chips, big bag, for $1 each all varieties. Duffel and travel bags are quite cheap. $6/$12 depending on size. Hundreds of books for $2 each. Some other assorted items. They have a media section for 1.00 each but most of these items are damaged or low quality names. I did find a Freedom Force PC game there for 50 cents, lol, great deal.
Aug 17, 2013
1 posts
So far so good. They only have the limited days for the local pick up. 5$ per item for any eBay item and no pickup charges for the items pickup bought from Sabbashop.com