Entertainment

Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Who is America?' show (July 15th Showtime premiere)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2020 2:07 pm
Tags:
37 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17434 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
In a rebuttal to former Governor Palin, it would seem Cohen's character is some kind of academic

Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
jenviea wrote: In a rebuttal to former Governor Palin, it would seem Cohen's character is some kind of academic
<3

I can't wait
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
jenviea wrote: The prosthetics are a little off but I guess that adds to the guests gullibility
THR reviewer thinks there's no gotcha since trollish opinions are now the norm

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/revie ... ew-1127051
Any interviewee who thought this guy was legit looking enough to take his questions seriously should be treated just as he treated them.
Nov 23, 2013
147 posts
108 upvotes
Hamilton
So do you need crave tv to see this in Canada?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
So timely, I just switched back to Bell and got AltTV with Crave.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Thoughts on first episode?

Felt it had more of a fake feel than his back-in-the-day HBO show (i.e. asking govt officials he meets to read from teleprompters) but I still giggled and will probably watch the rest of the limited series. And as I said above, his makeup/prosthetics are horrible.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
Anyone watching this?. Its HILARIOUS.

Borat is stepping his game up.

That bit with MAGA supporters Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
The Cheney one wasn't as bad as originally suggested (he defended waterboarding, though that wasn't really a "trick" since it was pretty much his stated position). Mainly Cohen used his name "Dick" as part of a bunch of puns he didn't catch on to. The Spencer one was a "holy shit, how could he say/do that..." kinda interview.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2989 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
How to watch this show in canada. Seems like showtime subscription cant be purchased in canada
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
ConsoleWatcher wrote: The Cheney one wasn't as bad as originally suggested (he defended waterboarding, though that wasn't really a "trick" since it was pretty much his stated position). Mainly Cohen used his name "Dick" as part of a bunch of puns he didn't catch on to. The Spencer one was a "holy shit, how could he say/do that..." kinda interview.
The Spencer one really had some bad repercussions for him; rightfully so.

Did you see Sunday's?
It was just funny on the whole - especially the Quinceanera segment.

"Sweating like a rapist"
"Equal rights for all 24 genders"

<3 this show
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
Some of this looks fake and some of it is really funny. Its too bad he never got Trump before he was elected.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
webshark wrote: Some of this looks fake and some of it is really funny. Its too bad he never got Trump before he was elected.
He did back on the Ali G show. Might be hard to do it again.
I deeply despise Trump but I actually think he's borderline genius with his acts of grand stupidity.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
newt_101 wrote: He did back on the Ali G show. Might be hard to do it again.
I deeply despise Trump but I actually think he's borderline genius with his acts of grand stupidity.
I think this show just proves how great of an entertainer this guy is.

Borat was good and funny during its time but it got old. Bruno was trash. You would think he couldnt come back.

This one is something else. He got Cheney and Roy Moore. He got one republican to resign for doing something so stupid.

That bit with the MAGA supporters is just on a whole another level of comedy. He executed that perfectly.

Cant wait for the next episode.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)