Entertainment

Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Who is America?' show (July 15th Showtime premiere)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2020 2:07 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
kevindurant1 wrote: Cant wait for the next episode.
Last night's had some awesome moments in the terrorists in the workplace segment.
The rest were quite average.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2007
1391 posts
881 upvotes
Im a big fan of cohen but i feel that taking advatage of seniors for laughs is a cheap shot. Its hard to laugh when you feel bad for them.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
insomnia77 wrote: Im a big fan of cohen but i feel that taking advatage of seniors for laughs is a cheap shot. Its hard to laugh when you feel bad for them.
Remember that these people are adults who are sharp enough to be in active government leadership positions in the USA. You'll feel less bad for them when you research the things they've said and done over their careers.
Sep 12, 2012
954 posts
906 upvotes
Toronto
absolutely insane and funny.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
newt_101 wrote: Last night's had some awesome moments in the terrorists in the workplace segment.
The rest were quite average.
I like it but it seems like quite a few are either "make crude puns that older politicians fail to notice" (Cheney, Arpaio) or "annoy/insult interviewees until they end the interview" (Sanders, Koppel, the black rapper/white conservative, Moore).
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
Man, last episode was pretty epic.

He made Arpaio say he will give Trump oral sex. GODDAMN. Face With Tears Of Joy

That finnish youtube gun nut character is genius. He even put the youtube background music that every kid channel use. Face With Tears Of Joy

Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
Any politician that is actually duped by this should have no capability to run any sort of government.
May 13, 2010
776 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
We seniors are entitled to as much ridicule as anybody else ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1119 posts
92 upvotes
Ajax
raspeed wrote: Any politician that is actually duped by this should have no capability to run any sort of government.
It's the question I keep asking myself watching this show - how are people going along with antics being asked of them??
The makeup and prosthetics Sasha is wearing are so thick and obvious, I would be out of there in a second.
Oh boy, Buffalo testicles!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
SLOGAN wrote: It's the question I keep asking myself watching this show - how are people going along with antics being asked of them??
The makeup and prosthetics Sasha is wearing are so thick and obvious, I would be out of there in a second.
I don't find it's particularly obvious, especially since men wearing makeup is common when appearing on television.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
ConsoleWatcher wrote: I don't find it's particularly obvious, especially since men wearing makeup is common when appearing on television.
Makeup yes, prosthetics, no. One of his characters reminds me of Austin Powers

Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
jenviea wrote: It's over?
He'll come back with something else. He's dealt with this sort of legal nonsense before - during his Ali G days - now because they're 'powerful rich politicians' he should be concerned?
Keep it up!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Guy needs to make Borat 2 and ditch all the other projects.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
newt_101 wrote: He'll come back with something else. He's dealt with this sort of legal nonsense before - during his Ali G days - now because they're 'powerful rich politicians' he should be concerned?
Keep it up!
It was good but it's the type of thing that could only go on so long; if you look at the later episodes it seems like he didn't "get" any of the politicians; they pretty much all disagreed with the statements he made and refuted them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)