• Apr 21st, 2009 10:54 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes

safe to buy Asics of ebay?

Hey so i was thinking about buying asics off ebay. there are a lot of asics being shipped from china and come with no boxes. now i know asics are manufactured in china and these shoes would be pretty hard to replicate so do you guys think its safe to buy the ones with no box from china? or are they probably fake?

TIA
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2158 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been to parts of Asia & they replicate everything so check the vendor's feedback to minimize your risk of buying fake shoes.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes
mannyb wrote: I've been to parts of Asia & they replicate everything so check the vendor's feedback to minimize your risk of buying fake shoes.
They all have near perfect feedback in high numbers too, most of the time people cant tell authentic and replicas apart even if you take it to the local store to get them "authenticated" that is why replicas do so good on ebay. authenticity with these is so important because i am buying them for function not fashion and if they arent the real deal then whats the point of spend $$$
May 21, 2002
425 posts
124 upvotes
Because you're buying for function, i'd definitely stay away from Ebay sellers.

I bought a pair of Shox a few years back from a seller with extremely positive feedback in high numbers, yet they turned out to be bootleg regardless

These days I stick to RunningRoom/outlet or RunningFree.. might be more expensive but well worth it imo
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2158 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
I would be wary of any shoe vendor from China selling name brand shoes despite all of their positive feedback. In many cases, a lot of vendors had "phantom" feedback to boost their ratings. Buy the ASICS from an eBay vendor from the US or try to find them on sale from a bricks & mortar retailer in your area.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
arsalanmustafa1989 wrote: Hey so i was thinking about buying asics off ebay. there are a lot of asics being shipped from china and come with no boxes. now i know asics are manufactured in china and these shoes would be pretty hard to replicate so do you guys think its safe to buy the ones with no box from china? or are they probably fake?

TIA
no dont waste your time and money
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Jul 10, 2005
299 posts
71 upvotes
GTA
i would spend the extra money to buy from a local retail store like footlocker, sports mart or wherever Asics are sold (i dont know, i dont buy Asics).

It's definitely better then buying it off ebay, then finding a few weeks later that you're running with half a shoe on the treadmill
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1985 posts
978 upvotes
I picked up a pair cheap from runningexpo.com...legit
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
If you shop around for last year's models u can get them pretty cheap of when they have those buy one get one 50% promos.
Nov 10, 2008
226 posts
7 upvotes
it depends on your seller. i bought a pair of unused 2130s on ebay from an american seller, and they were fine. though in my case, something happening like this would be more rare compared to getting shoes from a mass supplier from china on ebay.

i personally would recommend eastbay (although it comes with taxes, the prices of the shoe are usually pretty low and that evens out everything, downside is you can't try on the shoe unless u know your size on asics already) or runningfree/runningroom but as far as clearance goes for running free, it's whatever they have and usually gets sold out fast. so unless you want to by something that's being discontinued, your chances of getting shoes there would be good i believe.