Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Safeway / Sobeys (West) / IGA (West)

Air Miles Blue Friday Event - Feb 24 Only

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2017 11:24 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd

Air Miles Blue Friday Event - Feb 24 Only

Expiry:
February 24, 2017
Retailer:
Safeway / Sobeys (West) / IGA (West)
Safeway / Sobeys (West) / IGA (West) is having their Blue Friday Event for Air Miles on Friday, Feb 24, 2017 only.

A few of the deals:

• Lay's Chips (255 g) or Smartfood Popcorn (150 - 220 g) - 4 for $11 and 50 BAM when you buy 4
  • Pepsi or Coke Products (24 pack) - $9.99 each and 50 BAM when you buy 2
  • Black Diamond Cheese Shreds (340 g) or Cheesestrings (336 g) - $4.99 each and 100 BAM when you buy 4
  • Delissio Pizzeria and Rising Crust Pizza (select varieties, 519 - 888 g) - $4.49 each and 100 BAM when you buy 4

Note: BAM = Bonus Air Miles

Update: this is for Sobeys West, IGA West and Safeway stores only.

Tips:
  • use the following coupon to get an additional 125 AM when you purchase $100 or more (thanks @Diskdoctor)
  • if you got the BAM's from the Shop the Block event, you can use them to pay for your purchase and minimize OOP cost
  • combine your weekly My Offers personalized deals to get more discounts/BAM's
Last edited by trystee on Feb 23rd, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
20 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Can we use our pepsi coupons and still get AM?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Safeway this month Blue Friday is not bad.
BF deal is on the last Friday of each month. Spending my cash miles for BF deal. It is easy to earn 100 to 200 AM per month to get the gold status. West only - YMMV
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Ah. I thought it was west for IGA only. Didn't know this was a west only promo. :(

Edit:

Maybe i read the op correctly the first time and will check the Ontario sobeys flyer.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
alanbrenton wrote: Ah. I thought it was west for IGA only. Didn't know this was a west only promo. :(

Edit:

Maybe i read the op correctly the first time and will check the Ontario sobeys flyer.
Sorry for the confusion. I checked the Sobeys - ON and IGA - QC flyers and both do not have this deal. As @embguy mentioned, it is for west only. OP updated.
embguy wrote: Safeway this month Blue Friday is not bad.
BF deal is on the last Friday of each month. Spending my cash miles for BF deal. It is easy to earn 100 to 200 AM per month to get the gold status. West only - YMMV
I didn't realize that it was the last Friday of each month - good to know, thanks.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
trystee wrote: I didn't realize that it was the last Friday of each month - good to know, thanks.
For the last 4 months, all were on the last Friday of each month.
- Nov 25
- Dec 30
- Jan 27
- Feb 24

I used to go to Safeway for the 10% off on first Tuesday of each month. I stop going after they raised the minimum from $40 to $50 and the sale were not that good to spend $50. BF is better without minimum $ amount. Just buy the Blue Friday items. If BF continues, it will be easy to get Gold status.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
I evaluate AM deal using cost/AM calculation

Loyalty One charges us 30 cents/AM when we need to buy AM in order to have enough AM to redeem reward.

Why Blue Friday deals are hot?
For the Delissio deal:
Cost = 4 x $4.49 = $17.96
AM earned = 100AM
Cost/AM = $17.96/100AM = 18 cents/AM
- It is cheaper to earn AM by shopping at Safeway(18 cents/AM) than buying AM from Loyalty One(30 cents/AM).
- Best of all - I have 4 pizza to enjoy in addition to it costs less per AM. I get nothing from buy buying AM from Loyalty One.
- I get excited when I find an item with cost/AM less than 30 cents.
Aug 17, 2006
749 posts
171 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Can we use our pepsi coupons and still get AM?
If you use a coupon it should still go through as a purchase of the item so I would say yes.
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
Pepsi is not a good deal.
the chips are a good deal.
the pizzas, not sure i dont buy those, find them gross.
cheesestrings are a ok deal, i got them at no frills for 4.97 and there was a 1$ off coupon next to it yesteday, so you might be able to get some further discounts on the cheese.
Dec 28, 2005
659 posts
225 upvotes
Near VanCity
rocking23nf wrote: Pepsi is not a good deal.
cheesestrings are a ok deal, i got them at no frills for 4.97 and there was a 1$ off coupon next to it yesteday, so you might be able to get some further discounts on the cheese.
What do you think about the Kicking Horse coffee? Buy 2 at $11each get 50 AM. I always buy KH coffee, but this week Walmart has it for $10 each.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
EJF777 wrote: What do you think about the Kicking Horse coffee? Buy 2 at $11each get 50 AM. I always buy KH coffee, but this week Walmart has it for $10 each.
well I value 10 airmiles as 1$, so this is basically 2.50 off each pack. so it seems decent, theres an amazon thread that just popped up with kicking horse even cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: Pepsi is not a good deal.
You are a very wise person. Also, we bought a Delissio the other day and it just had too much salt. After eating it, felt like I couldn't quench my thirst. Not sure what eating this pizza does to my insides if the sodium or salt is excessive. Can't be a good thing.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
choclover wrote: You are a very wise person. Also, we bought a Delissio the other day and it just had too much salt. After eating it, felt like I couldn't quench my thirst. Not sure what eating this pizza does to my insides if the sodium or salt is excessive. Can't be a good thing.
I get some people like cheap cheap cheap, but I would rather spend 10-15 bucks on a pizza I like, like papa johns or papa murpheys or dominos.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1415 posts
424 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
embguy wrote: For the last 4 months, all were on the last Friday of each month.
- Nov 25
- Dec 30
- Jan 27
- Feb 24
March 31 was also a Blue Friday, but it looks like the pattern has ended.
I just checked the flyer starting on May 26, and it is back to the "Dollar Days" promotion.
:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
:arrow: Keep physically distant but socially connected.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol and MJ.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
saskwatcher wrote: March 31 was also a Blue Friday, but it looks like the pattern has ended.
I just checked the flyer starting on May 26, and it is back to the "Dollar Days" promotion.
Let hope that Safeway stops for 1 month because of this month AM MegaMiles event.
Nothing in this week Dollar Days interests me. I am voting with my wallet this month. But I spent $104 at the beginning of this month for MegaMiles event.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
saskwatcher wrote: March 31 was also a Blue Friday, but it looks like the pattern has ended.
Yup, I noticed that as well.

I have a feeling that they may have put a stop to the Blue Friday promo. :(
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Looks like I was wrong. :)

New flyer out today and upcoming Blue Friday will be June 2.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
trystee wrote: Looks like I was wrong. :)

New flyer out today and upcoming Blue Friday will be June 2.
Then, BF will be the Friday before the Customer Appreciation Tuesday which is on the first Tuesday of each month.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)