Expired Hot Deals

Sail store opening sale at TrainYard Ottawa

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2011 6:48 pm
Oct 8, 2007
346 posts
32 upvotes

Sail store opening sale at TrainYard Ottawa

They are opening a new SAIL Store http://www.sail.ca (Outdoor superstore) in Ottawa Trainyard. This is a Huge Store.

Until Sunday December 5th they take 20% off clothing and footwear + they pay HST. There's 30-40% to be had on some footwear (there was some oakley boots at 49$, Merrell at 80 I think).

They also have rebates on other stuff, they have a hunting, fishing, camping department.

Good deal on new outerwear stuff. I got more than 100$ off a north face jacket. That's a good rebate considering that it's from this year collection and that we are at the beginning of the season.

May be worth to take a look if you are shopping for winter clothes or footwear.

edit: like Y_Poons said this is a store opening sale
7 replies
Jun 14, 2005
612 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa
mightydrake wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 6:43 pm
They are opening a new SAIL Store http://www.sail.ca (Outdoor superstore) in Ottawa Trainyard. This is a Huge Store.

Until Sunday December 5th they take 20% off clothing and footwear + they pay HST. There's 30-40% to be had on some footwear (there was some oakley boots at 49$, Merrell at 80 I think).

Good deal on new outerwear stuff. I got more than 100$ off a north face jacket. That's a good rebate considering that it's from this year collection and that we are at the beginning of the season.

May be worth to take a look if you are shopping for winter clothes or footwear.

Thanks, I'm going to check that out! I saw them building it and it does look huge. (no jokes please)

btw, this is being picky but you might be better off saying "store opening sale" instead of "rebate" because rebate generally implies having to mail-in receipts to get money back.
Jul 13, 2006
888 posts
20 upvotes
I was there yesterday after work. It's a great store with some very competitive prices on most items from what I saw. Awesome fishing selection too!

I'd compare the store itself to a cross between Bass Pro Shops, Mountain Equipment Coop, Gander Mountain, and LeBaron (for those that like cheap name-brand fishing stuff).
Nov 27, 2010
212 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
Any really hot deals to be had?
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8243 posts
2369 upvotes
Ottawa
mightydrake wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 6:43 pm

What type of % discount was this? $100 off $650 and $100 off $250 is quite different. ;)
Jul 13, 2006
888 posts
20 upvotes
bztang wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 7:47 pm
Any really hot deals to be had?

I didn't check everything as I was there for a few specific things, and to just check the store out. But there is no HST and their prices are very competitive, so there are def. some deals to be had depending on what you're looking for. Lots of people buying outerwear, clothing (massive selections and good brands), footwear, etc. Go check it out - it's a nice hour to spend looking at nice new outdoors stuff. :)
[OP]
Oct 8, 2007
346 posts
32 upvotes
it depends on what ur looking for. There's a lot of items for sale. Maybe others can list some.

I got a North Face jacket that was 449$reg + HST = 508$ and I paid 360$ no tax.
20% off + HST included.
that's almost 150$ rebates on a current collection north face jacket at the start of winter season.
There's lots of brands : Phenix, Karbon, Helly Hansen, Salomon, NorthFace, Columbia, Arcterix, PeakPerformace, Lole and more)
There's a section with 40-50% on various clothes and footwears (winners style section).
Jan 5, 2011
1 posts
ottawa east
Not sure what this store is doing there, sure it won't stay open long. OttAwa already has outdoor sports stores and went to sail today and prices are 2x and 3x even on clearance-And Sail has almost no stock compared to other stores like it in Ottawa; really disappointed in gift card, i know why they gave away 25$ gift cards.
× < >