Sales and prices are up in Toronto in September

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2019 7:41 pm
73 replies
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2005
4175 posts
1407 upvotes
Those numbers are misleading and don't tell the full truth in the market since it doesn't take into account asset mix. ie: if there are more detached sold instead of townhouse, the average would be up even if the detached values are down. The only way to compare properly is to compare the exact same property.

Areas I am tracking are still trending down:

Political avatars and signature are not permitted.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1627 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
Nobody cares about your exceptional cases in Markham, I bet it is more and more difficult for you to find something.
Treb report separates numbers by house type, detached houses are up in sales and prices in 416 and 905 areas as well as the other types.
Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 10.08.13 AM.png
Jul 14, 2009
206 posts
66 upvotes
Luckyinfil wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 9:52 am
Those numbers are misleading and don't tell the full truth in the market since it doesn't take into account asset mix. ie: if there are more detached sold instead of townhouse, the average would be up even if the detached values are down. The only way to compare properly is to compare the exact same property.
Welp. Are you antivax too? I'm glad the world doesn't think like you. With how easily you're convinced by anecdotes...
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2017
1096 posts
812 upvotes
Luckyinfil wrote:

The only one misleading guy here is you.
TREB report clearly shows that for city of Markham this year detached houses decreased BENCHMARK price to -0.77% and a year ago to -4.33%. You can google what benchmark price is.
Nobody hides of falsifies information in TREB report, however you do falsify information trying to promote one property into entire GTA conditions.
Jun 28, 2018
101 posts
146 upvotes
Aurora, Ontario
The market was absolutely dead last year with everyone crapping their pants about the supposed barrage of rate increases that was supposed to come over the next 1-2 years. Banks were offering fixed rates around 3.5%. Only two increases came, fixed rates are under 3% now and most people realized that the apocalypse that was supposed to take place, isn't actually coming any time soon and the dip post 2017 was over. So yeah, things are creeping back up. Houses are not exactly flying off the shelves this year but the market looks a hell of a lot healthier than it did last year. I would know, I sold a condo in the 416 and bought a house in the 905 last year.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1201 posts
993 upvotes
GTA
Luckyinfil wrote:

These posts are getting unbearable.

You might want to read up on what happens to hard assets during deregulation and ZIRP/NIRP

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1895900047
Apr 19, 2011
16 posts
8 upvotes
SUGA
This is where the Real Estate board are trying to create that hype. They want it to be like the days over crazy high bidding wars.
Nov 5, 2018
401 posts
424 upvotes
Scarborough
This is NOT a good day for the bears.
Money, Common Stocks, Credit Cards, Coupons, Condos (MCCCC)
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2005
4175 posts
1407 upvotes
GalvToronto wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 10:25 am
The only one misleading guy here is you.
TREB report clearly shows that for city of Markham this year detached houses decreased BENCHMARK price to -0.77% and a year ago to -4.33%. You can google what benchmark price is.
Nobody hides of falsifies information in TREB report, however you do falsify information trying to promote one property into entire GTA conditions.
But they do not break down the houses into bedrooms. a 4 bedroom sale brings the average up more than a 2 bedroom.
Political avatars and signature are not permitted.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
8854 posts
3955 upvotes
avins007 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 11:21 am
This is where the Real Estate board are trying to create that hype. They want it to be like the days over crazy high bidding wars.
The numbers are there for all of us to interpret. Much better than the guy in this thread that posts one example and uses that to conclude that the market is tanking.
Aug 16, 2011
358 posts
226 upvotes
OTTAWA
Are you just cherry picking properties in Markham? You're lookin at May 2019 in this comparison, not September....
Luckyinfil wrote:

Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
8854 posts
3955 upvotes
Jeremyl007 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 11:39 am
Are you just cherry picking properties in Markham? You're lookin at May 2019 in this comparison, not September....
Let him troll in peace!
Apr 19, 2011
16 posts
8 upvotes
SUGA
The reason behind it. Rescission is coming and market activity to slow down a lot, cause financial hardship for many Realtors and Brokers and anyone involved in the Real estate industry.

By creating the hype they can weather the slowdown better maybe make more transactions to cushion the down turn.