• Dec 6th, 2017 8:11 am
Mar 23, 2004
105 posts
28 upvotes
TORONTO
aviator_13 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:27 am
Thanks
But cant justify paying $25 000 for a Nissan Rouge that is as reliable as a Pinto from the 70's...
Would rather buy overpriced wallets instead
Thanks to the OP for finding this sale, but I can't help but laugh at people on this thread who are trying to justify these goods as a financially sound purchase.

If you really want to make a car comparison, you would need to compare a $150,000 Lamborghini to a $15,000 Honda Civic (compared to a $37 brand new name brand belt at The Bay versus a Farragamo belt at a 10x markup). There's not a person in the world who could make the argument that the Lamborghini provides a better value for the money.

Saying that, if you have money to burn, good for you. Just don't make the argument that this fancy belt is a savvy investment. :-)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
5058 posts
740 upvotes
GVR
yesstyle wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:08 pm
Things in sweatshops are handmade too lol
I was thinking exactly that as well.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11075 posts
1529 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I have some old Ferragamo items. I think they r being sold on ebay for pennies on the dollar, lol.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Apr 5, 2009
134 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver
Every time there's a hot deals posted for apparel / designer products there's always a huge debate on whether its worth the money, who can afford what. This happens way less when someone wants to drop $3000 on a new TV or gaming computer. To each their own. If I want to spend $500 on a pair of shoes but buy the $500 cheap 4K HDR TV then whatever. If you want to buy shoes from the Bay but a $3000 TV and $1000 sound system then whatever too. Everyone has their own priorities when it comes to spending.

That being said, I've spent $500 on shoes and then not had to replace them for 10 years. Whereas I'd replace a TV I buy this year in about 3-4 years, regardless of how much use I get out of it.
Jul 30, 2013
422 posts
179 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The lesson here is to share sales/discounts, but live within your means. It's your money after all, so you decide how to spend it. :)
Tech Arsenal ASUS N56VM | OnePlus 3T | Nikon D5200 | Xiaomi Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD
May 8, 2016
240 posts
240 upvotes
MentalAnarchy wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:22 pm
Thanks to the OP for finding this sale, but I can't help but laugh at people on this thread who are trying to justify these goods as a financially sound purchase.

If you really want to make a car comparison, you would need to compare a $150,000 Lamborghini to a $15,000 Honda Civic (compared to a $37 brand new name brand belt at The Bay versus a Farragamo belt at a 10x markup). There's not a person in the world who could make the argument that the Lamborghini provides a better value for the money.

Saying that, if you have money to burn, good for you. Just don't make the argument that this fancy belt is a savvy investment. :-)
And for those who can't afford these things, don't be mad and whine about it. There's prices and markets for everyone.
Nov 30, 2005
183 posts
16 upvotes
North York
Ready the posts on high end luxury items are very comical... leave the haters alone as they can’t afford it so they feel the need to criticize. I’ve spent $20k on a watch and while others spent $500 million on an old painting, it’s called acquired taste.. anyhow moving along .. time to buy a few belts
Nov 25, 2017
19 posts
7 upvotes
I once spent 80k on a watch and 500$ on under wear, sadly I lost the watch and the underwear gave me a rash. All in all though good sale for quality items.
Nov 6, 2016
49 posts
15 upvotes
Katsiki wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:55 pm
And for those who can't afford these things, don't be mad and whine about it. There's prices and markets for everyone.
Exactly, free market is great. Don't understand all the whining myself. It is a specific sales for specific brand. It's not like OP are saying this brand is a good value or anything.