• Feb 4th, 2007 10:46 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 24, 2002
451 posts
2 upvotes

Sams CLub Return Policy

Does anyone know or can confirm if Sams Club has no time limit for Returns? Someone told me this and I cannot find this on their return policy. I purchased a TV from them about 2 years ago, a Samsung DLP TV and it has been acting up for the past while. The year warranty is out and I do not want to have to pay a couple of hundred dollars to get it fixed. Thanks all.

Cobthaich
10 replies
Dec 25, 2002
628 posts
197 upvotes
I think it is probably best to check your own Sam's Club. I know at our location (Cambridge) we were told it was 6 months for computers and a year for everything else. I also know that they don't have a lookup like Costco does so if you don't have your receipt then you get a gift card for whatever the last sale price was.

Kelly
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6937 posts
343 upvotes
Pretty sure it's 90 days. I was speaking to an employee there a few weeks back who told me of all the return horror stories they've had in the past with snow removal equipment, mattresses, e.t.c.

If you bought this from Costco instead, I'm sure you could return it even 10 years from now. But they did wise up on their desktop and notebook sales,

"Effective November 4, 2002, Costco Wholesale
Dec 11, 2005
434 posts
y don't u call someone to repair ur tv instead of returning a 2 year old product for a full refund?
Jul 9, 2003
105 posts
Brampton, Ontario
you're in luck. sorta.

I happen to work for the Sam's Club in vaughan, if you bought the TV 2yrs ago and its acting funny now, you're pretty much S.O.L on returning it and getting your money back. You would be better off going through the manufacter's warrenty (if any still exists)

on the other side of the fence, you could try negotiate a "return" on your old tv towards the price of a new TV, however YMMV. If you are going to try that route, your TV better be in excellent cosmetic condition.
-influence
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11422 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
Cobthaich wrote:
Feb 4th, 2007 12:16 am
Does anyone know or can confirm if Sams Club has no time limit for Returns? Someone told me this and I cannot find this on their return policy. I purchased a TV from them about 2 years ago, a Samsung DLP TV and it has been acting up for the past while. The year warranty is out and I do not want to have to pay a couple of hundred dollars to get it fixed. Thanks all.

Cobthaich
It is crooks like you who take advantage of generious return policys. You bought a TV, it got bad, spend the freakin money and fix it. Don't download your costs to others.

Man people like you really get me steamed! :mad:
[OP]
Feb 24, 2002
451 posts
2 upvotes
Hi all, thanks for all the replies. Influence, really appreciate the input, good to know. Everyone else, thanks for the feedback. Hightech, chillout, just trying to find the best route as a consumer. As you said, I am trying to find the proper route to spend my money. A 2 year old TV that cost $2500 that is no longer working properly I am sure would peeve you off as well, money hard worked for. I have had my CRT tvs last well over 10 years. Not to say I would return it but seeing what my alternatives are, not putting the cost on others. Unfortunately its people like you as you put it, that jump off the handle and accuse others before hearing their full story. If you would have been so inlcined to, you could have messaged me and asked my intentions rather then getting all " STEAMED". Cheers all.

Cob
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7765 posts
158 upvotes
Sams sells really crappy products i bought a tv there 2 yrs ago and it died as well. i learned my lesson never to buy something worth more then $100 at walmart or any of its sister companies
× < >