Home & Garden

Samsung 210 washer clicking noise during high speed spin cycle?

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2011 10:47 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 10, 2008
495 posts
24 upvotes

Samsung 210 washer clicking noise during high speed spin cycle?

We recently purchased a new place a bought a bunch of new appliances. Haven't really had to time to much investigation or anything yet. But my wife notice our new Samsung washer is make a constant "clicking" noise during it's high spin cycle. Is this normal? It's almost sounds like someone is shuffling a deck of cards or something like that coming from the back unit.

We bought this pair. Samsung 330 series (not 210 as the title indicates)

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 000702--en[/url]

Anyone have the same pair? We've also notice that the washer "tumps" very slightly during it's initial spin cycle until the VRT goes into action to counter the imbalance. Found this was normal on a front load washer but we used to have a Whirlpool Duet and it NEVER thumped. We are thinking of returning this unit and purchasing a LG or Whirlpool but not sure yet.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2009
2087 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Is the noise coming from the machine, or could it be buttons and zippers from clothes?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2698 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
We have a Samsung VRT machine (337) and it certainly makes a lot of weird little noises when it's trying to get up to full spinning speed. I assume it's the VRT that is working hard to balance the load.

In-laws have LG direct drive and their machine is a lot quieter when starting the spin cycle. Not to say that our machine is noisy, it's not, but it seems like the LG has a smoother operation. I have no idea if this is a good thing or not. We'll see in 10 years which machine is still working...! :)

Not sure about the clicking noise when it's up to speed, though. I think we have that too (I've heard it once), but it's rare that I stand in front of the machine while it's operating and we can't really hear it anywhere else in the house.
[OP]
Jan 10, 2008
495 posts
24 upvotes
Yes. The obvious things are done.

Shipping screws out
Balance and legs tightened

It's not zippers, buttons and loose change making this noise.
We used to own a whirlpool duet and never had any issues for 5 years. And now with this new Samsung, we notice these things.
[OP]
Jan 10, 2008
495 posts
24 upvotes
Well, here is the noise exactly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0H4ZorhakY

Appears to be normal on the Samsung but we find it unacceptable. We've owned a Whirlpool Duet which was 5 years old and never "thumped" nor made strange noises during it's high speed spin. With all the new technology in regards to Vibration reduction and Direct Drive Motors; it appears to be a step back...at least with the Samsung.

We are returning our unit but I hope this is a defective unit rather than being then norm.
× < >