Samsung 60 6003 Series LED hdtv - UN60EH6003

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2013 11:24 am
Tags:
Aug 13, 2007
4 posts
1 upvote
Gatineau
How do you get the 30% through Ebates? They are only showing 20%. Did it recently change?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
7729 posts
2409 upvotes
You guys all got baited by the 30% ebates. It's only 20% right now AFAIK. I don't know if you guys will get your 30%. Good luck with that.
Sep 27, 2007
48 posts
14 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
Well even with "only" 20 % its still an awesome deal for a 60" LED from a top brand. Only time I saw 60" lower was for crap brands or plasma.
Aug 13, 2007
4 posts
1 upvote
Gatineau
Was it ever 30%?

And does shop.ca sell an extended warranty btw?
Feb 3, 2012
91 posts
40 upvotes
WINNIPEG
FYI I saw this TV on sale at my local Costco for around $1150. $300 off

It was 30% cash back for a limited time I think it ended Oct 26th? Or around there.
Sep 21, 2008
382 posts
7 upvotes
YYZ/YUL
lolspops wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 12:30 am
I don't think he'd be too happy with that. Shop.ca does offer free return shipping for a replacement however, with this painstakingly slow order processing, I don't think I'd want to go through that again.
Yeah I don't want to go through that either. However, I don't trust purolator to not toss the box around, keep it on its side etc.. They've had their heads up their ***** in all of my experiences with them.

I'm going to call my CC company to see what they offer in terms of damage coverage.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
7729 posts
2409 upvotes
hackett40 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 10:05 am
Well even with "only" 20 % its still an awesome deal for a 60" LED from a top brand. Only time I saw 60" lower was for crap brands or plasma.
It is a great deal, however the lack of audio output kills the deal for me. It has crappy speakers and I care about sound quality. I guess for people who don't care or just always use the built in speakers it's fine.

There will be better Black Friday deals and there have been better deals in the US.

I think I will personally hold out for a 60" 4K screen. I already have a 46" TV.
Sep 27, 2007
48 posts
14 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
In my case I dont even need speakers as I only watch movies coming from an htpc with it, so only use the sound coming out of my soundcard.
Dec 4, 2006
296 posts
22 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 10:01 am
You guys all got baited by the 30% ebates. It's only 20% right now AFAIK. I don't know if you guys will get your 30%. Good luck with that.
Got my 30% yesterday (ordered Oct. 22 and "shipping soon").

Eventually worked out to $907 taxes-in at the end of it and I haven't seen anything even remotely close to that for a 60" name brand LED.

Mine will be hooked up to a PVR and a receiver so poor built-in audio shouldn't be an issue.

Just hoping it arrives in good condition...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
7729 posts
2409 upvotes
klipper wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 10:55 am
Got my 30% yesterday (ordered Oct. 22 and "shipping soon").

Eventually worked out to $907 taxes-in at the end of it and I haven't seen anything even remotely close to that for a 60" name brand LED.

Mine will be hooked up to a PVR and a receiver so poor built-in audio shouldn't be an issue.

Just hoping it arrives in good condition...
How does it work with a receiver? You hook all your devices up to it via HDMI and then it connects to the TV? That's an interesting option that I had not considered.

$900 for this TV is a good deal all in.
Dec 25, 2006
287 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa
SickBeast wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 10:57 am
How does it work with a receiver? You hook all your devices up to it via HDMI and then it connects to the TV? That's an interesting option that I had not considered.

$900 for this TV is a good deal all in.
Pretty standard setup actually. HDMI from your PVR/DVD Player etc. -> Receiver -> TV. That way it doesn't matter if there is no audio output on the tv, since you will use your receiver and stereo speakers for the sound.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
7729 posts
2409 upvotes
marksmithy69 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 11:06 am
Pretty standard setup actually. HDMI from your PVR/DVD Player etc. -> Receiver -> TV. That way it doesn't matter if there is no audio output on the tv, since you will use your receiver and stereo speakers for the sound.
Interesting, thanks. The problem here is that by the time you buy a receiver this deal becomes cold. Also, is it possible to adjust the receiver volume using a Rogers remote? I have a feeling that you can't.
Dec 25, 2006
287 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa
SickBeast wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 11:14 am
Interesting, thanks. The problem here is that by the time you buy a receiver this deal becomes cold. Also, is it possible to adjust the receiver volume using a Rogers remote? I have a feeling that you can't.
Yes, Rogers remotes are universal. Even if the Rogers remote couldn't control the volume on your receiver, you can buy a cheap universal remote at Dollarama which will do the job. Or just treat yourself, and invest in a Harmony remote.
Mar 22, 2010
236 posts
26 upvotes
I don't think having to buy a receiver makes the deal cold lol. Do most people not plan to use a receiver with a 60" LED tv anyways? I'd be a bit surprised if they bought $1,000 tv and used the built-in audio!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
7729 posts
2409 upvotes
ChiefCurls wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 11:32 am
I don't think having to buy a receiver makes the deal cold lol. Do most people not plan to use a receiver with a 60" LED tv anyways? I'd be a bit surprised if they bought $1,000 tv and used the built-in audio!
How much does the receiver cost? $200? A good harmony remote? $100? That adds $300 to the price to do what I do now for free with my Logitech Z2300 speakers and my TV with variable volume output. Adding $300 to the price of this TV kills the deal for me and makes it a cold deal for real.

With Black Friday right around the corner it's worth waiting a bit if you have any means of getting a TV across the border.
× < >