Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Samsung Canada] Note 7 Minimum $200 off with phone trade in

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2016 3:06 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1223 upvotes
lokyee wrote:
Haz wrote:
MicroJimnt wrote:

They'll have another promo, and probably will be a better promo than the current one.
Fire sale!
BLOW OUT sale! LOL~
Sales so hot, you will get burned!
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
yeah knowing Samsung, the promotion might just be for note 7 refurbished units only! knowing 2.5 million refribsihed samsung units, and all thoses units people going to return / exchange.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Jul 12, 2016
38 posts
50 upvotes
Heard that Samsung is recalling all the devices due to the explosion. If I get one now, then is Samsung going to recall this too?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
activia20312 wrote: Heard that Samsung is recalling all the devices due to the explosion. If I get one now, then is Samsung going to recall this too?
Unless you're getting one from the secondary market, no store is going to sell you one.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4653 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
Exploding phones are horrid and I'm glad Samsung is dealing with this swiftly. 35 cases of fire or explosion in only about a month is way too many!
-----------

The one thing I don't get in the article is how the person "lost all her data" from a 1 month old phone. So let me get this straight - she never owned a smartphone before that point?

Samsung has awesome backup software now - it's called Smart Switch and it's way faster and more stable than the old Kies junk that would crash half of the time (even newer Kies 3.0 software was meh). In fact, the process from going from one Samsung to another is about the same as going iPhone to iPhone now.

This should be a cautionary tale - BACK UP YOUR DATA, at the very least when you switch to a new phone! I got a Galaxy S7 recently, and it's pretty simple to switch from an old device (in this case, I was coming from a Galaxy S6). First, you can run Smart Switch to transfer all of your data over.

Now, before you sell/erase/give away the old phone, plug it into a PC or Mac, download Smart Switch and backup your phone. Or, backup the new device right after the data transfer.

People have phones lost/stolen/misplaced all of the time (and smart thieves know how to thwart their internal GPS). I repeat - people, BACK UP YOUR PHONES!!
Last edited by jiffylube1024 on Sep 2nd, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
canada_dry wrote:
activia20312 wrote: Heard that Samsung is recalling all the devices due to the explosion. If I get one now, then is Samsung going to recall this too?
Story here: http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/2/127676 ... -fire-risk

Wow!
"The issue is related to the phone's battery, with some scattered reports that the cell can explode while charging; Samsung says 35 Note 7 handsets have been found with the issue, or 24 per million sold."....24 per million, sooo far, and likely will increase as time progresses.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Glad I ddn't order one. Kept holding back.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
chatbox wrote: "The issue is related to the phone's battery, with some scattered reports that the cell can explode while charging; Samsung says 35 Note 7 handsets have been found with the issue, or 24 per million sold."....24 per million, sooo far, and likely will increase as time progresses.
From CBC story: "Samsung said it has sold more than 1 million Note 7 smartphones since the product's Aug. 19 launch. It has manufactured about 2.5 million Note 7 phones so far, some of them still in inventory.”
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
They are probably now regretting their non-replaceable battery decision
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
gmark2000 wrote:
chatbox wrote: "The issue is related to the phone's battery, with some scattered reports that the cell can explode while charging; Samsung says 35 Note 7 handsets have been found with the issue, or 24 per million sold."....24 per million, sooo far, and likely will increase as time progresses.
From CBC story: "Samsung said it has sold more than 1 million Note 7 smartphones since the product's Aug. 19 launch. It has manufactured about 2.5 million Note 7 phones so far, some of them still in inventory.”
Yes. The sold units are in consumers' hands (I'm assuming). If Note 7 users continue to use their phones, we will likely see more Note 7 exploding (of the same 1 million sold units pool). i.e. It's about 2 weeks since the date of release. So, that's 24 explosions of the 1 million sold units pool in 14-16 days....That's more than 1 a day in that pool (averaged). We can potentially see that number climbing, about 2 explosions per day of all sold units. (Assuming linear and equal probability)

Or, the sold Note 7 units are going through an explosive bath tub failure curve. i.e. We will see less frequent explosion incidents as the rest of the units are more "fit".
Mar 7, 2016
177 posts
72 upvotes
Bought mine at Sherway. Can I just take it back for a refund if I'm within 14 days?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
DDSDude96 wrote: Bought mine at Sherway. Can I just take it back for a refund if I'm within 14 days?
Technically within 14 days and under 30 minutes, you're good.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
cmchiu wrote: [official -- USA for now] Samsung Establishes U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note7
http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/02/s ... axy-note7/
"Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (available next week)"

Wow, that's really quick action from Samsung. Got to say, even though they've screwed up, the decisive actions and remediation is very swift, very impressive.