Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Samsung Experience Store, Costco] Samsung Galaxy Note7

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2016 3:59 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
2032 posts
929 upvotes
Calgary
So I was thinking we would be doing our own Costco style recall return.
Just order a new one when back in stock and return the preorder after receiving it.
Just bypass Samsung.
Jun 26, 2010
914 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver
For Costco purchasers who pre-ordered back in August: anyone else going to risk it and hang onto their 'faulty' Note 7 until close to the end of the 90-day refund period and then either return it completely or exchange for a new one? I might as well do this because I figure the risk is low for something bad to happen and I'll get use of a high-end phone for a three months that I'm legitimately supposed to return for a new one anyway. By the time 90 days rolls around, it will be into November and I'll get to pick and choose from the new Nexus', LG V20, and any sales on Axon 7 or Honor 8, or maybe incentives on the refreshed Note 7 itself. Black Friday around the corner too and possibly better sales.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8353 posts
2267 upvotes
GTA
shabbydog wrote: For Costco purchasers who pre-ordered back in August: anyone else going to risk it and hang onto their 'faulty' Note 7 until close to the end of the 90-day refund period and then either return it completely or exchange for a new one? I might as well do this because I figure the risk is low for something bad to happen and I'll get use of a high-end phone for a three months that I'm legitimately supposed to return for a new one anyway. By the time 90 days rolls around, it will be into November and I'll get to pick and choose from the new Nexus', LG V20, and any sales on Axon 7 or Honor 8, or maybe incentives on the refreshed Note 7 itself. Black Friday around the corner too and possibly better sales.
You might want to re-consider... http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37349319
Samsung 'will limit faulty Note 7 batteries' to 60% charge
Jun 26, 2010
914 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver
izzyzz wrote:
shabbydog wrote: For Costco purchasers who pre-ordered back in August: anyone else going to risk it and hang onto their 'faulty' Note 7 until close to the end of the 90-day refund period and then either return it completely or exchange for a new one? I might as well do this because I figure the risk is low for something bad to happen and I'll get use of a high-end phone for a three months that I'm legitimately supposed to return for a new one anyway. By the time 90 days rolls around, it will be into November and I'll get to pick and choose from the new Nexus', LG V20, and any sales on Axon 7 or Honor 8, or maybe incentives on the refreshed Note 7 itself. Black Friday around the corner too and possibly better sales.
You might want to re-consider... http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37349319
Samsung 'will limit faulty Note 7 batteries' to 60% charge
Interesting. I think I can live with a 60% battery capacity for a month or two. I'm interested to see what Samsung will do to get customers back and how it might weigh on my decision to stay or move on to the next big thing.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
edmondt wrote:
D50M83 wrote:
sony17 wrote: Why?
Because that person runs the risk of getting their phone blacklisted.
The seller could report the phone stolen, or simply stop paying their bills and the phone will become blacklisted.
Some very high risk for a measly ~$150 in savings
Just so you know there are more than 60,000+ Realtors in Ontario and on average they make $12K per year... It may look like we make a lot on that ONE deal, but you don't see the amount invested, or all the listings that you did not get.

As for the deal; actually I saved more towards $350 assuming it is around $1200 after tax.

I think it's highly unlikely Rogers will blacklist your phone because you didn't pay your bill; it's not like it is a $0 phone upgrade.

And would a person not pay their phone bill or to trash their own credit just to scam this one deal?

I guess there are risks for everything; buying a phone or real estate :)
Did you manage to get a refund?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)