Cell Phones

Samsung Galaxy Ace II x (aka galaxy ace 2, is it worth it?)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2012 12:47 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jul 31, 2009
69 posts
7 upvotes
Tdot

Samsung Galaxy Ace II x (aka galaxy ace 2, is it worth it?)

Anyone know how this phone is ? From koodo to Telus, Rogers and other phone companies are offering this phone $0. Im just wondering if this phone is decent? It is a android phone (i am aware of the android apps and whatnot) and im thinking of switching over to android from bb.

Also, anyone know if i should wait until new years for Koodo to offer a better deal? They have a hot $30 promotional plan (150 local calling, unlmited text, 200 mb data plan which suits my needs perfectly as i am i not a heavy data user, just light browsing for emergency use ie checking bus schudules, emails, course website, etc no videos or whatever on youtube).
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6202 posts
733 upvotes
The Galaxy Ace II x still doesn't not come close to the high end models of 2 years ago. Your still 2 years + behind if you buy this.

The S2 or S2X still has better features all around hands down. You can get one from Virgin(s2)/koodo(s2x) right now for 200$ or so if you sign up and cancel or if you want to stay as a customer, then its around 0-50$ out the door, while the rest on the tab.

The S2/S2X has a bigger clearer screen, more storage, better camera, much better CPU, better battery. That pretty much trumps the Ace 2 X.

Don't get it is my advice.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 31, 2009
69 posts
7 upvotes
Tdot
I see. Ok, great. I was actually looking into the s2 as well cuz you only have to pay 70ish upfront for it on the tab at Koodo. Are you saying i should buy the phone itself from koodo rather than going on the tab with them? Sorry, not too familiar with it?

btw, s2 and s3 isnt much off a difference if someone glanced over at your phone imo :p
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6202 posts
733 upvotes
The latest deal with the S2X is $75 @ paid up front, you get a bonus 100$ gift card from best buy or presidents choice depending where you get it, and $150 on the tab. At the end, your net cost is 75-100+150 = $125. Here's the thread regarding the deal.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bb-koodo ... 1272270/6/

Now, if you choose to stay with Koodo, you don't have to pay the 150$ tab right away. As a valued customer, they provide an extra credit to pay off the tab for you. The value is 10% of your monthly charges. So if your total plan is $50, they will credit an extra 5$ towards your tab every month until the phone is paid off.

S2 VS S3
S3 offers a bigger screen, a even faster CPU, more memory, NFC (transfer items phone to phone without using data, or paying at a local store (not fully implemented yet)). The battery doesn't last as long sadly. It's also more expensive. You'll need to sign a 3 year contract if you want to bring the phone price down to reasonable affordability.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 31, 2009
69 posts
7 upvotes
Tdot
EPcjay wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 11:47 am
The latest deal with the S2X is $75 @ paid up front, you get a bonus 100$ gift card from best buy or presidents choice depending where you get it, and $150 on the tab. At the end, your net cost is 75-100+150 = $125. Here's the thread regarding the deal.

Now, if you choose to stay with Koodo, you don't have to pay the 150$ tab right away. As a valued customer, they provide an extra credit to pay off the tab for you. The value is 10% of your monthly charges. So if your total plan is $50, they will credit an extra 5$ towards your tab every month until the phone is paid off.

S2 VS S3
S3 offers a bigger screen, a even faster CPU, more memory, NFC (transfer items phone to phone without using data, or paying at a local store (not fully implemented yet)). The battery doesn't last as long sadly. It's also more expensive. You'll need to sign a 3 year contract if you want to bring the phone price down to reasonable affordability.
Thank you very much, very informative :)
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1797 posts
144 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
EPcjay wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 11:47 am

S2 VS S3
S2x also has NFC. IMO that would be the way to go.
× < >