• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2014 6:45 pm
36 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15062 posts
740 upvotes
Woodbridge
Not that I care about Smart Watches but Apple will own this.

That is hideous. I'm surprised Samsung didn't wait for Apple first.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4271 posts
204 upvotes
Farm
This is what's gonna happen:

No ones gonna buy one.

Apple will make one.

Everyone will say apple copied.

Everyone will then buy the galaxy watch.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1787 posts
84 upvotes
Kitchener
al3x89 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 6:22 pm

No ones gonna buy one.

Apple will make one.

Everyone will say apple copied.

Everyone will then buy the galaxy watch.
Almost right but let me fix that for you.

No ones gonna buy one.

Apple will make one.

Everyone will buy one, and say Samsung copied

:)
Sum_guy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2013 10:26 pm
but my nipples hurt for the rest of the weekend when we go.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2357 posts
284 upvotes
Joliette
Double_J wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 8:51 pm

No ones gonna buy one.

Apple will make one.

Well Samsung did rush out a watch to market just because they thought Apple is making one too.
Feb 23, 2013
111 posts
17 upvotes
I'm hearing from unreliable sources that aapl never planned a watch at all but were happy to let Samsung believe that one was coming. Maybe iWatch really refers to their long rumored TV.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2949 posts
134 upvotes
Seriously?

$299 for this?

You realize the only reason people get smartphones in the first place is because of $0-199 with a contract right?

No one's going to buy this thing outright.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15062 posts
740 upvotes
Woodbridge
complaintsoffice wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 9:56 pm
I'm hearing from unreliable sources that aapl never planned a watch at all but were happy to let Samsung believe that one was coming. Maybe iWatch really refers to their long rumored TV.
That would be ******* gold! LMFAO
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4271 posts
204 upvotes
Farm
Double_J wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 8:51 pm

No ones gonna buy one.

Apple will make one.

samsung will copy things from apple

apple will copy things from samsung.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1952 posts
192 upvotes
Oh Samsung and their "cram as much ***** into a device as possible" mentality. I'm almost not too excited with any new product releases unless Apple or Google/Motorola tries to do it -- especially in the case of a smartwatch where efficiency is key.

Is there any real reason that a watch should have a camera besides for being a total pervert? Since a smartphone is needed for the Gear to work, I'd assume most people would whip out their phone and take a better picture instead. Anyone have any instances where they would rather take a low quality pic with a watch instead? I can't think of much.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9155 posts
784 upvotes
For the times you don't want to take your phone out.
enhanced wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 12:38 am
Oh Samsung and their "cram as much ***** into a device as possible" mentality. I'm almost not too excited with any new product releases unless Apple or Google/Motorola tries to do it -- especially in the case of a smartwatch where efficiency is key.

Is there any real reason that a watch should have a camera besides for being a total pervert? Since a smartphone is needed for the Gear to work, I'd assume most people would whip out their phone and take a better picture instead. Anyone have any instances where they would rather take a low quality pic with a watch instead? I can't think of much.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9226 posts
1875 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
sexyj wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 4:53 am
That makes sense for the microphone, but for a camera? You are going to point and shoot with your wrist? I can't imagine that would be very comfortable to aim. Unless you would detach the watch, in which case taking out your phone would be easier.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5702 posts
692 upvotes
al3x89 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 12:14 am
samsung will copy things from apple

apple will copy things from samsung.
Let's hope no one copies this watch...
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1952 posts
192 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 4:53 am
When would a super quick low quality pic (watch) be preferred over a quick high quality pic (phone)? I don't see in any instances I would make this tradeoff considering taking your phone out of your pocket isn't terribly inconvenient or time consuming.

I guess for those instances where your hands are full? But then you would still obviously need 2 hands to snap a pic with the Gear anyways.
× < >