• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 4:36 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1307 posts
2110 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 7:33 pm
I'm not familiar but I assume in store at Samsung Experience Store you need to have the physical card, which is why I suggested buying it for $10. If ordering online, by all means, I'm all for getting a code if anyone is willing to share it. Yea, you don't need to register at POP for the physical card, that I do know

See when i was ordering the phone, the guy helping told one of the other customers to just go out and buy a spc card to save 10%. So she went out, and got one. But he said the app works too, he even asked him manager. If i'm able to buy a card without registering, then that might work. I'll probably try tmr to wednesday.
Dec 16, 2008
837 posts
314 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pretty quick shipment (less than 24 hours travel time).

Phone is awesome :)
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3434 posts
2438 upvotes
kooroshkabir wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 2:23 pm
Pretty quick shipment (less than 24 hours travel time).

Phone is awesome :)
Damn staples needs to step up and ship the phone already.
Dec 31, 2006
614 posts
62 upvotes
I posted in another thread (but original deal was discovered by another member).

Apparently there is a trade-in promo that is only going on in stores only (not on Samsung.ca and through chat the rep didn't have any info). I confirmed today by calling the Yorkdale store and another member also confirmed in person.

Trade in any phone for $200 value + value of the phone
Trade in any Note (1-9) for $400 value + value of the phone

You do however forfeit the free Galaxy Buds (the rep made sure to disclose that to me). You can also combine this with SPC. The rep told me as of right now, the trade in promo is only valid until Thursday. There is a possibility of it being extended but they were told it ends Thursday.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1307 posts
2110 upvotes
ray90 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 2:28 pm
I posted in another thread (but original deal was discovered by another member).

Apparently there is a trade-in promo that is only going on in stores only (not on Samsung.ca and through chat the rep didn't have any info). I confirmed today by calling the Yorkdale store and another member also confirmed in person.

You do however forfeit the free Galaxy Buds (the rep made sure to disclose that to me). You can also combine this with SPC. The rep told me as of right now, the trade in promo is only valid until Thursday. There is a possibility of it being extended but they were told it ends Thursday.
The guy who helped me with the preorder said it's not starting until Friday when the phone releases. I'll have to go and ask today.
Sep 3, 2008
183 posts
7 upvotes
Hartia0 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 2:38 pm
The guy who helped me with the preorder said it's not starting until Friday when the phone releases. I'll have to go and ask today.
I would love feedback on this. I have my note 8 or my s7 edge I don't mind getting rid of for a good trade in
May 22, 2015
112 posts
48 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mojook wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 2:41 pm
I would love feedback on this. I have my note 8 or my s7 edge I don't mind getting rid of for a good trade in
You can post your note 8 to kijiji for much better than 200.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3434 posts
2438 upvotes
lcwman wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 3:06 pm
You can post your note 8 to kijiji for much better than 200.
Or even eBay and still come out with more $ after eBays 10% and PayPals smaller cut + shipping.
May 4, 2008
384 posts
183 upvotes
GTA
ray90 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 2:28 pm

I have note5 from south, korea (unlocked)
anyone know if they take it as trade in ?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1307 posts
2110 upvotes
djdk80 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 3:18 pm
I have note5 from south, korea (unlocked)
anyone know if they take it as trade in ?
I think it still has to be a Canada phone....doesnt hurt to ask.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1043 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
mojook wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 2:41 pm
You should trade in your Note 8 for an additional $400 (eg TIV of Note 8 ($239.4)+$400). It would be hard to get $640 from private sale.
May 2, 2015
305 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto, ON
what is the trade in value for note 4? Note 4 on kijiii listed for around 180. Unless the trade in value is big enough, its not worth the hassle to get some $55 difference. (200-180+35= 55). I just assumed trade-in value to be $35 in this case..
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1307 posts
2110 upvotes
Okay so im at the yorkdale store. Asked in person. The preorder has to be done by store closing this Thursday. Obv because phone comes out Friday. The trade in happens when you pick up the phone NOT when you preorder. Any note phone works. 400$ off. But you forfeit the buds (fine by me) can stack spc as well. If you have an old note ( i have a 3) it works out pretty nicely.

Im going to ask what condition the phone has to be in and I'll let you know.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1307 posts
2110 upvotes
Okay so condition of trade in phone
- turns on
- canadian model
- no cracked screen
- normal wear and tear is fine
Apr 18, 2017
14 posts
4 upvotes
Yes, please ask what condition the phone needs to be in.
I have an old Note 4 at home, however I am not sure if it still powers on or if the screen works.
Would like to trade that in.

Also would they accept the note 7? found one in my garage abandoned.