I'm going to get one.
459 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19824 posts
8435 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
How’s it tangibly better than a note 8?

I’ll get the Note 10 once my subsidy is up with Rogers. Note 8 is my secondary phone and, as much as I love it, I don’t see a great reason to upgrade because it’s great as is.

I do upgrade my iPhone every year though lol, so I guess I see where you’re coming from.

Edit - just saw the main differences:

Stereo speakers
Improved S Pen with built in Bluetooth
Improved camera
Bigger battery (4000mah)

Not a bad upgrade actually. The battery and speaker upgrades would be nice.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4606 posts
693 upvotes
Need it for the bigger battery especially when I'm traveling.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19824 posts
8435 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
mebiuspower wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 3:22 am
Need it for the bigger battery especially when I'm traveling.
I don't blame you. The battery is definitely one of my gripes about the Note 8. If I used it as a main phone the battery life would be even more of an annoyance to me.
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19824 posts
8435 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Enjoy the note 9. I’m gonna hop on the note 10 once my note 8 subsidy is done with Rogers

That iPhone X Plus though.....that’ll be mine.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5582 posts
3196 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Koodo took down their Note 8 page - not sure what to make of this =/
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Nov 5, 2009
72 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I'm down to get the Note 9, my last note was the 7 :-S

My og pixel xl is getting tiring for me. I do like stock android, and being part of the android beta program....but pretty disappointed to hear rumours the Pixel 3 will only have 4gb of ram, and a single camera sensor (I don't know how far they can take a single sensor now compared to the competition).

I am hoping Telus gets the 512gb/8gb ram model of the Note 9. Just will have to disable all the Samsung bloatware and stupid Bixby.

My pixel has so many battle scars around the metal edges that I'm pretty paranoid about having a curved glass device....I hate cases and don't see the point on a curved screen phone.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6343 posts
304 upvotes
GT'eh
nasa25 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 10:08 pm
How’s it tangibly better than a note 8?

I’ll get the Note 10 once my subsidy is up with Rogers.
Good luck with the Note 10

I think they are scrapping the Note series after this 9 drops, they are going with a new line up, I heard from a few sources Sammy has been working on a foldable phablet phone for last 3 yrs & has had a patent on this maybe even longer, this phablet which will feature a flexible /foldable screen + S-pen functionality, so there's no need for Note series after this.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19824 posts
8435 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Neovingian wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 2:29 pm
Good luck with the Note 10

I think they are scrapping the Note series after this 9 drops, they are going with a new line up, I heard from a few sources Sammy has been working on a foldable phablet phone for last 3 yrs & has had a patent on this maybe even longer, this phablet which will feature a flexible /foldable screen + S-pen functionality, so there's no need for Note series after this.
Nice. Then I’ll get whatever the successor to the note 9 is. I’ve heard about that foldable screen they’ve been working on. Seems like it’ll be a winner.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
2055 posts
61 upvotes
Just a quick question for you guys. If I bought an unlocked Note 8 or 9 from the States and wanted it to work on Rogers. Which model would I go for? Is it enough to just get an unlocked phone (Note 8 or 9) or do I target one with a certain band.

Thanks!
Nov 5, 2009
72 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Izzoshady wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 10:00 pm
Just a quick question for you guys. If I bought an unlocked Note 8 or 9 from the States and wanted it to work on Rogers. Which model would I go for? Is it enough to just get an unlocked phone (Note 8 or 9) or do I target one with a certain band.

Thanks!
They are all the same model in North America. I'm not entirely certain but I think the ones from the states might have an irreversibly locked bootloader if you want to ever root it, it may be impossible.
Nov 22, 2017
111 posts
35 upvotes
This will definitely be the best smartphone in the market for at least the next 4-6 months. The rumour is that there will be a price increase, which imo is not worth it, especially if you churn phones alot.