• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2018 6:29 am
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50614 posts
15410 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 11:28 am
You have to trade in a phone for this promotion. The Note 7 loyalty incentive is that you get more money back on the trade, then trading it in as a non-Note 7 user.
Oh, lol. Gotcha.

From SD:

To clarify... It can't be iCloud locked. It can't require someone's password to use. They don't care if it's locked to a carrier.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4704 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 11:32 am
Oh, lol. Gotcha.

From SD:

To clarify... It can't be iCloud locked. It can't require someone's password to use. They don't care if it's locked to a carrier.
Also can't have a cracked screen, lol.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50614 posts
15410 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 11:36 am
Also can't have a cracked screen, lol.
I know. My post was specific to the software lock.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
4195 posts
1298 upvotes
Do you need to have a us address for this to work?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4704 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 12:29 pm
Do you need to have a us address for this to work?
Yes, since you need to ship the phone to a US address.

Payment can be made with a US or Canadian Card, sadly, can't use PayPal.
Aug 22, 2017
51 posts
15 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 12:35 pm
Yes, since you need to ship the phone to a US address.

Payment can be made with a US or Canadian Card, sadly, can't use PayPal.
How will you get Phone from US to Canada then , will you get it shipped or any other method
?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4704 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
leoneo wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 4:15 pm
How will you get Phone from US to Canada then , will you get it shipped or any other method
?
Will pick up myself, since I routinely go across once a month.
Sep 11, 2015
10 posts
Brampton, ON
I am a bit confused here. I pre-ordered the Note 8 off Samsung.ca back on the 25th but I don't see it anywhere on my order history page, even my bank account doesn't show a transaction or a pending transaction. But I do see on my Paypal a pending transaction for $1468.99 from Glentel Inc.

Is it normal for Samsung's site to not show a order or even a pending order? I haven't bought anything off of Samsung's site before so this is new to me. I'm just assuming that nothing is going to show until closer to September 15th when the phones are shipped out.

I chatted with a samsung rep but they want me to call and every time i call i'm put on hold so I thought I might as well try and ask you fine folks and see if anyone here have experienced it as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3474 posts
1202 upvotes
Quebec
i am planning to buy a zerolemon battery case for the note 8, but i really dont know how they gonna make it possible to put and remove the pen.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11037 posts
7580 upvotes
Leask
Cycloneon wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 1:36 pm
I am a bit confused here. I pre-ordered the Note 8 off Samsung.ca back on the 25th but I don't see it anywhere on my order history page, even my bank account doesn't show a transaction or a pending transaction. But I do see on my Paypal a pending transaction for $1468.99 from Glentel Inc.

Is it normal for Samsung's site to not show a order or even a pending order? I haven't bought anything off of Samsung's site before so this is new to me. I'm just assuming that nothing is going to show until closer to September 15th when the phones are shipped out.

I chatted with a samsung rep but they want me to call and every time i call i'm put on hold so I thought I might as well try and ask you fine folks and see if anyone here have experienced it as well.
That is strange. Glentel operates the Bell/Rogers kiosks in malls (Wireless Wave & T-Booth) plus at Costco. I had no idea they had any means of charging via PayPal.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Aug 11, 2009
709 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
Cycloneon wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 1:36 pm

That's weird. I didn't pay by PayPal, but my CC has been charged right away, and I can see the order on my Samsung account. Do you have a Samsung account? Did you login before ordering?
no external links allowed
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5554 posts
374 upvotes
Vancouver
Can someone hook me up with a Note 8 if you are getting it from the US? Don't want to pay for the MSRP here in Canada.

Also, anyone saw the LG V30 announcement and changing their mind?
Apr 10, 2009
446 posts
170 upvotes
markham
i recently pre ordered the 2xnote 8 in Duke blue and im wondering how many people pre ordered it as well? im wondering if the curve display is steeper than the s8?. what do you think about the note 8?
Last edited by darkanson on Aug 31st, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never Trade What You Want Most ,For What You Want In The Moment
Sep 11, 2015
10 posts
Brampton, ON
Rockin_Zombie wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 12:27 pm
That's weird. I didn't pay by PayPal, but my CC has been charged right away, and I can see the order on my Samsung account. Do you have a Samsung account? Did you login before ordering?

Yep I made sure to login with my samsung account. I preferred Paypal for some reason instead of just inputting a credit card.

I'm just going to go ahead and re-order the phone and if I get billed twice then I'll just refund one then. Samsung's customer service bores me lol
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1983 posts
143 upvotes
Kitchener
That screen looks incredible. Unfortunately my work went with s7's so I have to wait awhile before we can upgrade.
Sum_guy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2013 10:26 pm
but my nipples hurt for the rest of the weekend when we go.