• Sep 21st, 2017 4:18 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4279 posts
486 upvotes
jdh799 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2017 9:40 am
Interesting -

The Note 8 is beating both the S8+ and the S7 Edge in battery life tests, despite having a smaller battery than both.
As expected. Samsung is doing hardware/software optimization on the Note 8.
Jul 30, 2017
49 posts
6 upvotes
akito925 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 9:24 am
One thing... its only ONE year warrenty on a $1500 cell phone!! ggeeezz samsung, you couldn't give us 2 years?
No cell phone manufacturers give more than 1 year. Just look into extended purchase protection on your credit card. Pretty much any premium credit card is going to extend the warranty from 1 to 2 years if you make the purchase on that. My BMO Cashback World Elite card gives me +2 years to any manufacturer warranty.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1381 posts
407 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
jdh799 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 4:22 pm
No cell phone manufacturers give more than 1 year. Just look into extended purchase protection on your credit card. Pretty much any premium credit card is going to extend the warranty from 1 to 2 years if you make the purchase on that. My BMO Cashback World Elite card gives me +2 years to any manufacturer warranty.
That's a good point. What does the credit card insurance cover though (in general)?
Jun 4, 2012
398 posts
93 upvotes
Calgary
jdh799 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 10:12 am
There's all kinds of reports on Youtube/social media of people who pre-ordered with US carriers like Verizon and T-Mobile already getting tracking numbers for their phones being shipped, and speculation that they may actually get them by mid next week. It will be interesting to see if this will happen in Canada too. When I pre-ordered with Eastlink, they had me set up an appointment to pick it up on Sept 15, and seemed 100% confident it would be in by then, so you have to wonder if they will actually get them a week earlier.
I took advantage of the American Note8 deal and I have tracking numbers on the two I ordered and should have them delivered by Thursday according to the tracking.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8142 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
jdh799 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 4:22 pm
question: has anyone used their credit card warrenty ?
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Jul 30, 2017
49 posts
6 upvotes
akito925 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 11:06 am
question: has anyone used their credit card warrenty ?
You need to closely look into the terms and conditions that come with your card (and that should be available online too) to make sure that it doesn't exclude cell phones (for example the PC World Elite card excludes electronics IIRC but most bank cards don't). However, as long as it's not something that's excluded, if you drop your phone within the purchase protection period and it smashes, they will pay to repair/replace it, or replace it if it gets stolen. Most premium cards also should give you +1 year of warranty at least with some of the top cards offering +2.
Jul 30, 2017
49 posts
6 upvotes
dafloof wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 10:12 am
I took advantage of the American Note8 deal and I have tracking numbers on the two I ordered and should have them delivered by Thursday according to the tracking.
Are they delivering it to you in Canada, or just to the US address you provided?

There's all kinds of YouTube unboxing videos of people in the US that got them yesterday.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4279 posts
486 upvotes
Those that pre-ordered from the Samsung store is supposed to get an invitation email sometime this week to pickup the phone on the night of the 14th.
Jun 4, 2012
398 posts
93 upvotes
Calgary
jdh799 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 11:31 am
Are they delivering it to you in Canada, or just to the US address you provided?

There's all kinds of YouTube unboxing videos of people in the US that got them yesterday.
To my usa address. I'm not in a hurry to get it though so probably won't reship it to Canada until the 14th.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
4475 posts
717 upvotes
Scarborough
Usually I'm optimistic about Samsung phones (especially the note series) but $1300 - That ain't me.
Aug 31, 2006
238 posts
92 upvotes
marktang wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 12:22 pm
any news on note 7 reimbursement yet?
Caved and bought from Samsung USA using the Note7 promo... came out to $520 USD for Note7 + 360 camera preorder bonus (+$80USD, I had to buy a refurb iPhone 5s to trade in), as well as $15 ebates cash back. Unbelievable that Samsung Canada literally spammed their Note8 pre-order bonus postings with false promises that "details would be released soon" for Note7 Upgrade promos and have still not announced anything.

Even if they did, $1300 MSRP is insane and I doubt the promo would be worth it, especially given the $930 MSRP price in the states and the current fx.
Apr 9, 2015
107 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
what cases and screen protectors are everyone getting?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4279 posts
486 upvotes
No screen protector. Going with an Otterbox case just to be safe.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3283 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
KooJo wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 6:14 pm
Caved and bought from Samsung USA using the Note7 promo... came out to $520 USD for Note7 + 360 camera preorder bonus (+$80USD, I had to buy a refurb iPhone 5s to trade in), as well as $15 ebates cash back. Unbelievable that Samsung Canada literally spammed their Note8 pre-order bonus postings with false promises that "details would be released soon" for Note7 Upgrade promos and have still not announced anything.

Even if they did, $1300 MSRP is insane and I doubt the promo would be worth it, especially given the $930 MSRP price in the states and the current fx.
dont you need an american note 7 receipt to claim that?
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)