Samsung Galaxy Note8 Thread - Launching September 15, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 9:21 am
Aug 31, 2006
240 posts
97 upvotes
marktang wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 8:29 am
dont you need an american note 7 receipt to claim that?
I uploaded a pic of my Samsung Canada store receipt as well as my Costco Canada receipt... They were both accepted (took about 2 days for them to verify and send me link).
Jul 19, 2010
81 posts
9 upvotes
My telus receipt was accepted today. I had trouble entering Canadian CC. Did you guys enter american mailbox address for billing?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1744 posts
560 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Is it worth going across the border to pick up the phone?
I pre-order from Rogers, but the the CAD going up recently I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2403 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 8:12 pm
Is it worth going across the border to pick up the phone?
I pre-order from Rogers, but the the CAD going up recently I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it.
Very well worth it, especially with the Note 7 upgrade deal.
Jul 30, 2017
86 posts
15 upvotes
Probably depends how close to the border/ a US Samsung store you live. You've got to take into account the cost of gas/time. Plus, if you ever need service, you then need to take it across the border again to get service, and again to pick it up. Even if you live in say Vancouver, the drive back and forth to Seattle will add up if you ever run into issues, so I personally wouldn't go for it.
May 23, 2008
449 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
I was about to pre-order, but viewing the radical difference between the US/CDN price/offer combination I can't stomach the ripoff. I can live with a certain level of "Canadian Premium", but this is not palatable. I've done a lot of cross border in the past, but this one is too convoluted for my taste. $1300 stays in my pocket.
Jul 30, 2017
86 posts
15 upvotes
Has anyone been able to receive a pre-order yet from any carriers/Samsung directly? It sounds like almost everyone that pre-ordered in the US (all major carriers, Best Buy, Samsung direct) has it already. There are also a lot of reports that people are receiving a 256 GB SD card with the pre-order gifts, not 128 GB as was advertised.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1744 posts
560 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Nothing from rogers, not even pre auth on my credit card
Jan 5, 2017
42 posts
2 upvotes
jdh799 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 2:02 pm
Has anyone been able to receive a pre-order yet from any carriers/Samsung directly? It sounds like almost everyone that pre-ordered in the US (all major carriers, Best Buy, Samsung direct) has it already. There are also a lot of reports that people are receiving a 256 GB SD card with the pre-order gifts, not 128 GB as was advertised.
Thought I saw that a 256GB card would be included when it was first advertised.
Apr 10, 2009
191 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Still no updates on my note 8 pre order from their official Samsung website
Never Trade What You Want Most ,For What You Want In The Moment
Apr 9, 2015
128 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
no updates from me.. ordered 26 Aug
Sep 10, 2017
5 posts
Ordered on August 30, 2017 from samsung.com/ca direct. My order has been showing "Preparing Dispatch" since the day I ordered. Now that we are approaching release day, I am asking people to post if their orders say anything different, or when they notice "preparing dispatch" changes on their order to something more substantial.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1143 posts
72 upvotes
Ordered Aug 28.
Same day my credit card got a $0 verfication charge from Best Buy.
Been checking my order status every day since then.
Credit card charged the full amount today!
Now awaiting shipping notice.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1744 posts
560 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Anyone pre-ordered with Rogers and got an update?
Apr 10, 2009
191 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:41 pm
Anyone pre-ordered with Rogers and got an update?
pre-ordered on the 29.. from samsung and still nothing and its the 13th already..
Never Trade What You Want Most ,For What You Want In The Moment

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)