Jan 31, 2006
3400 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
Avignon wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 8:50 am
your S7E is a Samsung Canada phone?
Yes..from telus and Note 7 and S8+ all from Telus

*Edit* actually i had 2 S7E cuz of the note 7 issue. one was sent from Samsung and one was sent from telus. but i used the same way to activate it.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4326 posts
515 upvotes
Got shipping notification email from UPS from shipper The Gristmill Marketing Co. and the content is Samsung Wireless Charger.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2692 posts
434 upvotes
Ottawa
Samsung Wireless Fast Charger and 128GB Samsung Evo Plus microSD just delivered to my house.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2041 posts
119 upvotes
mebiuspower wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 4:17 pm
Got shipping notification email from UPS from shipper The Gristmill Marketing Co. and the content is Samsung Wireless Charger.
Kwonie wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 4:34 pm
Samsung Wireless Fast Charger and 128GB Samsung Evo Plus microSD just delivered to my house.
When did you guys register your phone?
I got mine registered yesterday (redeemed the promotion on Sept 17)
said it will take 6 - 8 weeks :(
Sep 27, 2003
8220 posts
1586 upvotes
Newmarket
I'm going to return my Note8 tomorrow. Went back to my S8+. Between what I would have had to sell my S8+ for vs. what I paid for the Note8, it wasn't worth it. As well, OS 7.1.1 seems to have a couple minor glitches that would drive me nuts.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Jul 30, 2017
86 posts
15 upvotes
I registered for the promotion on September 15 after getting the phone, and got an email notifying me that it is shipped an will be delivered Tuesday yesterday.

Compared to the S7 Edge, I don't regret upgrading to this phone a bit. The extra screen real estate and better screen quality is so noticable, I greatly prefer the more rectangular/angled corners of the Note vs the S7/S8, and the phone is just noticably faster, especially in terms of having lots of apps open and leaving them running. The extra 2 GB of RAM makes a huge performance difference IMO.

I find it hard to believe that the iPhone 8 Plus is more expensive than the Note 8, or at least is when you upgrade to the 256 GB version (which you all but have to since 64 GB is probably pushing it with no SD card slot), despite its dated screen and design. The 256 GB iPhone X is $270 more expensive than the Note!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26200 posts
6059 upvotes
GTHA
jdh799 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 2:45 pm
I find it hard to believe that the iPhone 8 Plus is more expensive than the Note 8, or at least is when you upgrade to the 256 GB version (which you all but have to since 64 GB is probably pushing it with no SD card slot), despite its dated screen and design.
fyi, Samsung site says Note 8 is $1,299, which is $30 more than the iPhone 8 Plus 256GB from Apple

iPhone 8 Is World's Fastest Phone (It's Not Even Close)
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-8-b ... -4676.html

Apple product tester on YouTube, PhoneBuff, has posted a new video demonstrating a drop test between Apple’s iPhone 8 Plus and Samsung’s Galaxy Note 8.

Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2041 posts
119 upvotes
I love the phone so far but it’s just damn BIG!
There’s no way I will put a case like Otterbox or UAG monarc here (it will get wayyyyy bigger than already is)
just gonna have to get something slim like spigen

Seriously though... what was Samsung thinking?
I don’t remember seeing 'many' were complaining with the size of note 7 or 5 even.
(That’s being too small and need a bigger one)

They are just making phones bigger and bigger with no apparent benefit
Now the smallest flagship they make is with a whopping 5.8" (S7 was 5.2" and peoples loved it for what it was)
and Im stuck with a phone with 6.3” screen lol
I don’t even feel safe putting the phone on my wireless charger in case it might get tipped over

Maybe it’s just me but I really can't get used to the size of this...
but have to suck it up since I draw with my s pen all the time
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1143 posts
72 upvotes
johnmoon wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 8:00 am
There’s no way I will put a case like Otterbox or UAG monarc here (it will get wayyyyy bigger than already is)
I got a slim bumper case like this https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B073RWN5QP/ref ... Xzb5A14F1R then stuck one of these ring things on the back https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01CKB4WTQ/ref ... Xzb91K8FXK which may look and protrude awkward but holy it works awesome!
Jul 30, 2017
86 posts
15 upvotes
johnmoon wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 8:00 am

Seriously though... what was Samsung thinking?
I don’t remember seeing 'many' were complaining with the size of note 7 or 5 even.
(That’s being too small and need a bigger one)

They are just making phones bigger and bigger with no apparent benefit
Now the smallest flagship they make is with a whopping 5.8" (S7 was 5.2" and peoples loved it for what it was)
and Im stuck with a phone with 6.3” screen lol
I don’t even feel safe putting the phone on my wireless charger in case it might get tipped over

Maybe it’s just me but I really can't get used to the size of this...
but have to suck it up since I draw with my s pen all the time
I mean, when you compare the dimensions of the Note 8 to iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus/7 Plus/8 Plus chassis they have been using for years, it's really not all that much bigger.

Note 8 - 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm
iPhone Plus - 158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm

Note 5 - 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6 mm
Note 7 - 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm

It's 4 mm taller, 3 mm narrower and 1 mm thicker. If you've ever used a Plus iPhone version before, the size difference is barely noticeable, even with the much larger screen. The Note line has always pushed the envelope in terms of screen size/had the biggest screen size on the smartphone market, so they were always going to have to make it bigger than the S8+
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2041 posts
119 upvotes
jdh799 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 10:53 am
I mean, when you compare the dimensions of the Note 8 to iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus/7 Plus/8 Plus chassis they have been using for years, it's really not all that much bigger.

Note 8 - 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm
iPhone Plus - 158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm

Note 5 - 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6 mm
Note 7 - 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm

It's 4 mm taller, 3 mm narrower and 1 mm thicker. If you've ever used a Plus iPhone version before, the size difference is barely noticeable, even with the much larger screen. The Note line has always pushed the envelope in terms of screen size/had the biggest screen size on the smartphone market, so they were always going to have to make it bigger than the S8+
No, I never had an iPhone plus and not planning to
tried once and hated how big it was
Sep 21, 2017
6 posts
Have anyone noticed that there is no option to turn off the shutter Volume. If anyone have found a solution then please share here.
Aug 26, 2016
4 posts
Does anybody recall what deals were available for the Note 5 during the Black Friday after release? I'm considering the Note 8 and was wondering if prices would drop at all this holiday season..
Sep 5, 2007
51 posts
toronto,
johnmoon wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 6:28 pm
Same here i can't believe it will take almost 2 months to get it.
When did you guys register your phone?
I got mine registered yesterday (redeemed the promotion on Sept 17)
said it will take 6 - 8 weeks :(