• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 9:06 am
Jul 10, 2013
487 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
obernewtyn wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 11:32 pm
The deal is back from samsung store website. I'm still waiting on the note 7 offer.

Charge. Free of charge.
Registration for Galaxy Note8 Pre-order gift with purchase offer extended until October 31, 2017 (11:59PM EST).

In order to complete the redemption process, you will be required to login to your Samsung Account on your Galaxy Note8 by October 31, 2017 (11:59PM EST).
* See full Terms & Conditions for more details.
Could you post the link for this?
Oct 29, 2015
35 posts
12 upvotes
thl0103 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 9:59 am
Here you go.
They made the site so difficult to navigate and aren’t promoting their promotions well.;;

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/ ... ezEALw_wcB
How good is this deal?
I'm willing to wait up to a year but I'm not sure if the price would be much different.
$1200 for a phone is hefty. Do they have any payment plans? I came across a booth at the Eaton Center offering a payment plan.
Nov 22, 2007
708 posts
30 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 10:07 pm
Doesn't this mean you would have bought it already? Sept 14?

That its just extending the date to submit for the free gifts?
Right. No deal. ;;
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3410 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Maelstrom wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 9:52 pm
Some people vouch for the Whitestone Dome, but it's expensive and it's not exactly problem free.
Look it up on XDA.
i vouched on the whitestone dome as well. have it on my S8+. one time when i guess i missed my pocket, the phone went screen first on the ground from waist height. screen protector still on but shattered. took the screen protector off and not a single scratch on the screen. ordered another one to replace it.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3410 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Redsmith wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 3:55 pm
It is expensive but it looks nice!
it will be more expensive to replace your screen.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Jul 5, 2017
38 posts
26 upvotes
Devhux wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 9:41 am
High chance of that one being blacklisted soon after someone buys it.
Have them meet you at the carrier and have the phone taken off the account. No blacklisting after that.

Also, be weary of clones. Do your research.
Jan 13, 2014
607 posts
159 upvotes
Calgary
mrsoandso wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 3:23 pm
Have them meet you at the carrier and have the phone taken off the account. No blacklisting after that.

Also, be weary of clones. Do your research.
If the phone was obtained on contract (likely, given the 33% reduction in asking price), "taking it off the account" won't do much. Heck, I'm pretty sure I could report it if my OnePlus 5 gets stolen and the IMEI would still get blacklisted even when carriers never sold the device.
Jan 27, 2015
86 posts
20 upvotes
Courtice, ON
Telus just offered me $250 device cost for samsung NOTE 8 with $75 monthly plan(unlimited minutes + 3GB data).
Is this good to sign now? I understand it could be many deals coming on black Friday. But this is business plan. not sure if it's good to sign.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1782 posts
577 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Been using the phone for 2 weeks now, what an upgrade from the Note 3 lol...

I am not a fan of the curve edges (although I am fine with edge app) and the headphone jack being at the bottom.
I love the S-Pen (I actually prefer to use it instead of my fingers, although it's pretty slow to type on the keyboard with the pen).
Bixby isn't bad either, although I wish it worked with Spotify.