• Feb 20th, 2013 3:37 pm
Tags:
None
1606 replies
Jun 15, 2011
37821 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It better be worth the wait. If I find it has a micro sim, I don't mind. But if I find it has non expandable memory, I do mind. If it has a non removable battery, that's something I can deal with, but no more extended batteries then :(
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Aug 4, 2008
1954 posts
192 upvotes
While I'm pretty fixated on the Nexus line, the only feature that may pull me away is if the SII has massive battery life (3000mAh and higher). I think I'm pretty satisfied in other regards with my Galaxy Nexus.

Still, I can't wait to see how it actually looks as I believe that is as much anticipated as the specs itself. Hope Samsung does something refreshing. Any additional unforeseen features I am hopeful for as well such as a self-healing body coat or an ability to solar recharge. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 16, 2003
9964 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
my guesss
touchjiz
quad core
4.6 (720p)
LTE
12 mp camera
2000 mah battery

anything else?

there's really not much else to put in these days lol
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1566 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
how long after an announcement is made before the phone is on the shelf for outright purchase/Hardware upgrade?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
1043 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
shaolinmonk wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 11:38 am
my guesss
touchjiz
quad core
4.6 (720p)
LTE
12 mp camera
2000 mah battery

anything else?

there's really not much else to put in these days lol

2GB RAM, 32GB built in plus microSD slot.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8852 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
Dr. Octagonecologyst wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 12:04 pm
2GB RAM, 32GB built in plus microSD slot.

The way things are going... doubt it :P
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0

|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Jun 15, 2011
37821 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 12:28 pm
The way things are going... doubt it :P

I agree. I doubt there will be a feature to expand the memory, considering HTC and Sony pulled the plug on that. Even Motorola with the Droid RAZR. Grr... I know there are alternatives to store files like Dropbox, and Box.net, but apps2sd might be a key thing when installing apps.
Apr 23, 2007
8852 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
djemzine wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 12:45 pm
I agree. I doubt there will be a feature to expand the memory, considering HTC and Sony pulled the plug on that. Even Motorola with the Droid RAZR. Grr... I know there are alternatives to store files like Dropbox, and Box.net, but apps2sd might be a key thing when installing apps.

HTC did a good thing by working with Dropbox but it should have been FREE!!!!!!
Or at least a reduction in storage for free users. 25GB free for 2 year i think then dropping it down to 5/10gb for free and asking the fee for the 25gb
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0

|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1375 posts
247 upvotes
n3o321 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 12:02 pm
how long after an announcement is made before the phone is on the shelf for outright purchase/Hardware upgrade?

I think here in Canada we're going to be waiting a while.

For the GS2 I believe Bell had it in June. Telus in October. Rogers in November.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Jun 15, 2011
37821 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
shaolinmonk wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 1:16 pm
honestly i don't see the point in quad core and more ram etc....i want a 3000MAH battery like the droid maxx

You're right. What's the point with those when there is no good/great battery to support it. Remember, Samsung did say they're going to improve battery life this year, but who knows when.
Jan 10, 2008
10367 posts
12611 upvotes
Montreal
doctorgonzo wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 12:53 pm
I think here in Canada we're going to be waiting a while.

For the GS2 I believe Bell had it in June. Telus in October. Rogers in November.

Yah Bell was July 2011 , rest all in the fall .I just hope it might be faster this time .Well at least it'll have ICS :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5715 posts
696 upvotes
BGR is often wrong but here's their speculation

As we get closer to the official announcement of Samsung’s Galaxy S III, more information is beginning to surface. In addition to our exclusive reports on the device’s specifications and materials, we have now learned new details surrounding Samsung’s launch and marketing push for its new flagship handset. We have been told that there will be a huge international roll-out for the Galaxy S III, and the sleek new smartphone will be the official device of the 2012 Summer Olympics — this is one reason we’re told Samsung is hosting its unveiling event in London. In addition, there could be simultaneous launch events in New York City, Seoul and Dubai according to our source. We are also told that the Samsung Galaxy S III will come in two color options, one in blue and black, and a second in white. There will be 16GB and 32GB models as well, and additional specs include a 1080p HD display, a quad-core Exynos processor and integrated 4G LTE.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1797 posts
144 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
canadiankorean wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 3:35 pm
BGR is often wrong but here's their speculation

As we get closer to the official announcement of Samsung’s Galaxy S III, more information is beginning to surface. In addition to our exclusive reports on the device’s specifications and materials, we have now learned new details surrounding Samsung’s launch and marketing push for its new flagship handset. We have been told that there will be a huge international roll-out for the Galaxy S III, and the sleek new smartphone will be the official device of the 2012 Summer Olympics — this is one reason we’re told Samsung is hosting its unveiling event in London. In addition, there could be simultaneous launch events in New York City, Seoul and Dubai according to our source. We are also told that the Samsung Galaxy S III will come in two color options, one in blue and black, and a second in white. There will be 16GB and 32GB models as well, and additional specs include a 1080p HD display, a quad-core Exynos processor and integrated 4G LTE.

30 sec ago i was happy with my s2, but after reading this my mouth is watering lol
× < >