Tags:
None
Jun 15, 2011
37681 posts
5427 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bargain man wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 4:45 pm
30 sec ago i was happy with my s2, but after reading this my mouth is watering lol

Heh. I wouldn't start a waterfall from your mouth if I were you :P. Wait till actual word gets out on the official date. Then we'll see :P
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jan 7, 2007
17076 posts
1421 upvotes
Poormond Hill
1080p display? What is the point of such a resolution? Will it come with magnifying glasses to see the detail?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1678 posts
36 upvotes
shaolinmonk wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 11:38 am
my guesss
touchjiz
quad core
4.6 (720p)
LTE
12 mp camera
2000 mah battery

anything else?

there's really not much else to put in these days lol

Mad $$$$$
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15885 posts
353 upvotes
Nice specs, but hopefully the battery will help support it.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1670 posts
225 upvotes
canadiankorean wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 3:35 pm
BGR is often wrong but here's their speculation

As we get closer to the official announcement of Samsung’s Galaxy S III, more information is beginning to surface. In addition to our exclusive reports on the device’s specifications and materials, we have now learned new details surrounding Samsung’s launch and marketing push for its new flagship handset. We have been told that there will be a huge international roll-out for the Galaxy S III, and the sleek new smartphone will be the official device of the 2012 Summer Olympics — this is one reason we’re told Samsung is hosting its unveiling event in London. In addition, there could be simultaneous launch events in New York City, Seoul and Dubai according to our source. We are also told that the Samsung Galaxy S III will come in two color options, one in blue and black, and a second in white. There will be 16GB and 32GB models as well, and additional specs include a 1080p HD display, a quad-core Exynos processor and integrated 4G LTE.

While a 1080p display would be amazing I don't think its going to be likely or practical at this point. The more likely display according to OLED Association is a 1280x720, 4.6" SAMOLED+. Different screen then the Nexus, slightly smaller (319 ppi vs 285 ppi), being a + display it will have RGB sub pixel instead of Pentile, and according to OLED-A it'll have a phosphorescent green to help reduce power consumption. I really hope the power consumption is tangible because I had owned the Galaxy Nexus phone and sold it due to the on-screen time being about an hour less then my original Galaxy S.

-LeeBear
Nov 24, 2006
609 posts
Toronto
Was about to purchase a nexus in a couple weeks... should prices go down on current droids once the SIII release is announced?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2187 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
There are reports that the s3 won't be anything revolutionary and will be similar to the iphone 4 / 4s in terms of evolution. Maybe the s3 will just be an s2 with 1080p display, more ram and a upgraded camera. I hope the report isn't true or else a lot of people are gonna be pissed. Hopefully they put in what everyone is reporting, quad core/1080p/etc
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3072 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga
congeetime wrote:
Apr 17th, 2012 8:29 pm
There are reports that the s3 won't be anything revolutionary and will be similar to the iphone 4 / 4s in terms of evolution. Maybe the s3 will just be an s2 with 1080p display, more ram and a upgraded camera. I hope the report isn't true or else a lot of people are gonna be pissed. Hopefully they put in what everyone is reporting, quad core/1080p/etc

I'm sure the CPU and display will be upgraded and everything else seems like gravy.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3072 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga
stephroll wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 3:04 pm
Yah Bell was July 2011 , rest all in the fall .I just hope it might be faster this time .Well at least it'll have ICS :D

Or you can buy an international version and hopefully it will be easy to root/unlock, purchase an unlock code or simply buy a factory unlocked version. I've read a rumor that Samsung will be releasing it more simultaneously throughout more countries this time. Also keep in mind that the S2 was released to Bell first and when Rogers got their version it was an amped up version with LTE.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
2449 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
congeetime wrote:
Apr 17th, 2012 8:29 pm

lol with the quad core soc that was what anyone could've hoped for anyway, now for some reason it's not revolutionary just b/c of the report? :confused:

i say upgraded screen size for sure, 720p, quad core, and same camera specs, don't see the value of 1080p really

who knows, maybe this is a marketing tactic and samsung doesn't want this phone to be overhyped like the "iphone 5" and then just turn out to be a 4S, android customers aren't like iSheep we have too many choices
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
You guys do realize the Qualcomm S4 dualcore is actually better than NVidia's Tegra 3 quadcore right? If samsung uses A15 dual core in S3 it will smoke the HTC One X with quadcore.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2009
1892 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
desidealer49 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2012 10:09 pm
You guys do realize the Qualcomm S4 dualcore is actually better than NVidia's Tegra 3 quadcore right? If samsung uses A15 dual core in S3 it will smoke the HTC One X with quadcore.

I heard most benchmarking results come from tests tailored to Qualcomm's SoCs rather than being platform neutral, resulting in a bigger advantage for the S4.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
DJ Dennis wrote:
Apr 17th, 2012 10:37 pm
I heard most benchmarking results come from tests tailored to Qualcomm's SoCs rather than being platform neutral, resulting in a bigger advantage for the S4.

Hmmm perhaps. The reports from htc one x state it to be blazing fast so i guess for an average person even the tegra is extremely fast unless they were a benchmarking nut haha.

I just can't wrap my head around HTC limiting the battery. That is yet to be seen in the S3's case.
Banned
Jan 19, 2009
2301 posts
98 upvotes
can you even notice 1080p on a screen so small?

im still amazed by my focus at only 800x480.
text is sharp and screen looks good. ive played with a nexus and dont really see the aww.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
Dina_E wrote:
Apr 17th, 2012 11:00 pm
can you even notice 1080p on a screen so small?

im still amazed by my focus at only 800x480.
text is sharp and screen looks good. ive played with a nexus and dont really see the aww.

I read a lot of text (mostly PDFs) and doing that on the nexus vs. the captivate (720p screen vs. 480p screen) showed how much better the nexus screen was.

But i think the font also plays some role. I have also checked out lumia 800 and the text looks fine otherwise. But needs a little zooming sometimes. It is better then the captivate though.
× < >